Chapter 17

“What the fuck do you mean she knows?!” Bruce yelled as he stood up from the couch in the living room.

I rolled my eyes, shrugging my shoulders. Honestly, I regret opening my mouth to this dumbass. I should have never mentioned Kelsey or how she bandaged me up.

Walking up the front pathway to the door, I knocked on it several times, knowing that the guys were inside because their cars were parked in the driveway. Holding onto my side, I took a deep breath, counting to ten to keep me sane as I waited impatiently for them to open the god damn door.

Finally when the door opened, Bruce came to view.

Aw, fuck. Here comes the bullshit interrogation.

“What the fuck happened to you?” He gaped as he stared down at me with curious eyes. He wasn’t at all that surprised. We’re used to this kind of crap.

“Luke.” I muttered, pushing past Bruce and into the house where I saw the guys in the living room, watching TV. They all turned their heads to look at me once they saw me walk in.

“The fuck you mean Luke?” Bruce shut the door closed, following close behind me.

I stuffed myself in a bean chair, running a hand down my face as I rubbed it fiercely. People really knew how to get on my nerves around here. “You know when you sent me out to take care of some business?”

He nodded.

“Yeah, well, I walked by the Kings territory slot and Luke happened to be there when I walked by. He came and started shit talking then threw a few punches, I dodged the hit and fought back and then like the pussy he is, he flipped a knife out and stabbed me. His boys came and pulled him off of me, told him that he had some business to take care of so they fled.” I got angrier and angrier as I re-lived the memories, the pain in my side increasing as my blood boiled.

“You mean to tell me, he came up to you for no god damn reason and stabbed you?” Bruce, who was now seated on the couch besides the guys, stared at me incredulously.

“Yeah.”

“That makes no sense. There has to have been some sort of shit to have gone down for him to have started with you.”

“Well, I did bump into him at the diner.”

“The diner?” Bruce knitted his eyebrows together, wanting me to elaborate.

I sighed. “Kelsey and I went to get lunch--”

“You and Kelsey?” He cocked a brow up. “Who’s that?”

“The one that we kept at the house the night before.” I mumbled, looking him dead in the eyes.

“Are you fucking retarded Bieber?” Bruce raged. “You went to get lunch with her?”

“That’s not the point, god damn it. The point is that Luke came up to me, riled up. Ever since that night, a few nights ago where we all went at it, he’s been pissed ever since.” I hissed, biting the inside of my cheek.

Bruce seemed to have stopped as he thought back. Nodding his head, he came to realize just what I was talking about.

The bastard I killed at the party wasn’t the only one I had shit to take care of with. Luke was a part of the problem too.

“How did you get bandaged up?” He questioned the moment he realized my side was patched.

“Kelsey did it.”