Chapter 29

Kelsey’s Point of View:

The memories of tonight continued to flash through my mind like a broken recorder. From the moment I was blacked out to waking up tied to a chair, Luke hitting me, Andrew cutting me all the way to waking up tied to a bed and Luke forcing his hands on me.

The tears engulfed my eyes once more as I fought to blink them back.

I was stronger than this and I knew that. I had to pull myself together for the sake of everyone and myself.

I never let anyone, not even Justin, get in the way of who I am and I’m not going to start now.

No sonofabitch is going to ruin that.

Wiping my face down, I sniffled, recomposing myself to it’s best ability before finishing up with my bath and stepping out of the water, wrapping a towel around my body.

Drying myself up carefully, I winced at every bruise I touched, careful not to press too hard before moving up to my hair.

Ignoring the pain in my wrists, I ran the towel through my damp locks, before letting my hair go and tying it up in a loose bun on the top of my head.

I glanced down at my wrists after I was done, feeling my stomach churn. They were black and blue with a deep cut around them from the ropes.

Shaking my head, I wiped off the haze on the mirror, looking at myself to see that the cut that ran from my cheek down to my neck stopped bleeding, thank God.

Pressing my fingers to it, I bit my lip as I turned away, not being able to look at myself anymore.

Finding a robe near the door that led out of the bathroom, I grabbed it, slipping my arms into the sleeves before tying it closed around my waist.

Just as I was about to leave, I heard voices coming from Justin’s room. Furrowing my eyebrows, I leant my ear to the door, curious as to what was going on.

“I shouldn’t have let her get into that car.” I heard Justin mumble.

“No,” Someone snapped. “You shouldn’t have but what’s done is done and you can’t change it Justin but I do know what you can do.”

I bit my lip as there was a pause.

“You can make sure she alright and you can comfort her because that’s what she needs most right now. She doesn’t need you beating yourself up over this. She needs someone to be there for her and we both know that someone here is you.” I heard faint footsteps before they stopped. “Oh and Justin?”

There was another pause.

“You may think your invincible but we all fall down sometimes.” And then the door closed.

I chewed on my bottom lip, taking in what the stranger said and then I slowly opened the door to the bathroom, leaning against the doorway to see Justin looking ahead of him, sadness evident in his face.

“He’s right you know.” I spoke up.

Justin’s Point of View:

I furrowed my eyebrows, turning towards the bathroom door to see Kelsey standing there with a robe wrapped around her body, her hair tossed up into a messy pile on top of her head. Despite her condition, she still managed to look beautiful.

I kept silent, just staring at her. “Come here.” I whispered, nodding her over.

She bit her lip, contemplating what I said before making her way over to me.