Chapter 11

Turns out I had no choice anymore because while I was deciding, Justin opened my door and waited outside of it for me to come out. Stepping out, I closed the door behind me before making my way next to him. I opened my mouth to say something when Justin beat me to it.

“Follow me,” He nodded his head in the direction towards the warehouse.

I nodded without another word, following suit behind him as he began walking over to it. Opening the door to it, Justin walked inside, holding the door open for me as I walked inside before closing it softly behind us.

When he moved out in front of me to close the door, I had noticed the tensing in his jaw had released itself and he had calmed down from his mood before we ended up here.

I furrowed my eyebrows together. How could someone go from being okay to angry to relaxed all in the time span of an hour?

“Are you coming or not?” I snapped out of my thoughts, turning to see Justin was now at the other end of the building.

Looking around the place, I slowly began walking, not saying a word. The walls were cracked, a few shillings on the floorfrom the roof of the warehouse causing me to wonder what in the world had happened in here prior to today.

“What happened in here?”

Justin didn’t turn around. Instead, he kept walking.

For a second, I thought he was ignoring me and I was just about to ask him again when he stopped right outside of thewarehouse (once he walked through the back doors). He dug his hands deep into the pockets of his jeans while overlooking the sky.

I shifted my eyes from him and over to what he was currently looking at and instantly, my eyes widened and I gasped.

We stood on top of a hill, the sky painted over in colors of pink, orange, yellow and purple. The clouds swayed gently around, the sun downing on top of us. You can see half of the town from up here. It looked absolutely amazing.

“It’s nice, huh?” He questioned softly.

I didn’t dare look away from the beautiful view in front of me. “Yeah,” I replied, breathless. “It’s stunning.” I breathed out, taken back by the miraculous beauty nature had. “I’ve never seen anything like this.”

He nodded, understanding completely.

“How did you find this place? If you don’t mind me asking..” I finally peeled my eyes away from the sky to look at him.

He stood poised, his posture perfect. “After this place was almost burned down--”

Well, that answered my question.

“--I guess, I came to check it out and when I came back here, I saw this--” He nodded towards the view. “And instantly fell in love.” He now turned to look at me, a solemn expression on his face.

I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. “It’s nice. I wish I had a place like this.” I admitted while overlooking the sky once more.

It gave you a peaceful aurora, like nothing and no one can touch you. Where you can just be alone and not have to worry about anything. You felt careless.. You felt.. Alive.

Silence fulfilled the void around us before Justin spoke up once more, “You do now.” He spoke loud and clear.

Taken back, I turned to look at him only to see that he had shifted his view from me and over to the other side of town.

“Thanks..” I whispered, feeling my heart strings pull violently and my stomach fill with butterflies.

Did he actually mean that?