Chapter 32

Justin’s Point of View:

“Shit, shit, shit… shit!”

I groaned, shifting on the bed as the hectic cries filled my ears. I tried to fall back asleep but that didn’t work out well when I heard another curse fly out of their mouth. Rubbing my eyes, I opened them to see Kelsey fumbling around the room,throwing things left and right. “Babe, what are you doing?”

“Trying to find my clothes!” She continued to scramble around the floors, her face red with anticipation and worry.

I furrowed my eyebrows together, confused. “Babe…”

“Where could they be?!”

“Babe…” I sat up in bed.

“Seriously?” She threw her hands in the air. “They have to be here somewhere!”

“Kelsey!”

“What?” She spat, turning around. Once she saw me awake, she paused. “Sorry.”

I chuckled. “It’s fine.” I licked my lips. “But you’re freaking out over nothing.”

“Over nothing? Justin, I-”

“Your clothes aren’t here. They’re in the hamper.” I tried to contain my laughter once I saw the realization hit her.

“Oh.” She meekly smiled.

“Yeah,” I chuckled lightly. “So come back to bed.” I threw the blanket up, waving her over, still tired.

“Hell no! Are you crazy?” She stared at me incredulously. “We have school today Justin! Not to mention when I get home, my parents are gonna freak!”

My eyes widened. “I didn’t even think about that.”

“Yeah, neither did I.” She ran her fingers through her hair. “I am never going to hear the end of it! They are going to murder me Justin.” She paced the floors. “I didn’t even call them to let them know I was alright! They’re probably waiting for me at home right now. Oh my God…” She slapped her hands to her face. “I am so dead!”

“Babe,” I stood up now, making my way over to her. “Everything is going to be alright.” I grabbed her hands, pulling them away from her face. “We’ll talk to them.”

“Oh, sure, Justin. We’ll let them know how we skipped school, got in a fight, I ended up getting kidnapped, almost raped, beaten and you ended up savingme and we were so overwhelmed with everything, we forgot to check in on them and let them know I wasn’t going to come home because that will go so well.” Sarcasm dripped from her words.

I sighed. “No we can’t exactly tell them that but we can tell twist the truth a bit.”

Her shoulders slumped. “I am so dead.”

Kelsey’s Point of View:

“Babe, relax, it’s going to be alright.” Justin rubbed my shoulder comfortingly.

We were both sitting in his car which was parked in front of my house. I bit my lip, staring straight ahead.

“Babe…”

“You don’t understand Justin.” I snapped. “They’re not your average, understanding parents. They will kill me and I’m not overreacting. I told you what they did to me when I came home late that night of the party. I got grounded and oh, don’t even get me started with that! I wasn’t even supposed to go out in the first place!” I bit my lip, taking a deep breath.