Chapter 42

Kelsey’s Point of View:

According to Dennis, Carly had come over to talk to me when my parents opened the door expecting to see me with her but were surprised when Carly asked about me. They told her that I said I was going over her house to do homework and she told them that I never showed up. My parents were confused and wondered where I was. They were going to call me when Carly stopped them, figuring where I really was and told them for my quote on quote ‘own good’.

Minutes later, I arrived and that’s when all chaos broke out.

That bitch was lucky I didn’t punch her when I had the chance.

I mean, what “best friend” does that?

Who rats on their best friend to their parents about something they didn’t even know about themselves?

She swore Justin was a bad person and some criminal but did she actually know that for sure? No. So she had no right to just accuse him of things and feed my parents bullshit.

I knew Justin and what he was really capable of. Was he dangerous? Yes but only to his enemies. Did he have anger issues? Sure but that didn’t make him a bad person.

I just don’t understand why this had to happen. Everything was finally moving into place, Justin and I were in a good place, my parents had finally just gotten off my back about everything and here I was now, back to square one.

It’s like fate didn’t want me to be happy.

Sighing, I fumbled onto my stomach, pondering my feet back and forth as I bubbled my lips, making a rumbling sound.

I couldn’t help but think back to when my dad called me a whore. I know he didn’t mean it because really, I didn’t do anything for him to call me that but it still hurt to hear it come out of his mouth. I had never seen him so angry with me… I mean, I screwed up a few times these past couple of months but they were nothing compared to tonight when my parents found out the real reason on why I had been late coming home and sneaking out.

Can they seriously blame me for keeping this a secret? They would have killed me if they found out the reason why I had come home at three in the morning was because I was hanging at a guys house. I might as well have killed myself to save the trouble.

Sighing, I was just about to take a nap when my phone buzzed several times, indicating I was getting a call. Shuffling onto my back, I slid my finger across the screen, pressing it to my ear. “Hello?”

“I handled everything babe.” Justin’s voice filled my eardrum.

I sat up in bed. “Justin, what did you do?” I questioned worriedly.

There was a pause before Justin spoke up once more. “Let’s just say you don’t have to worry about Carly anymore.”

My stomach churned at the words, my eyes widening instantly. “What do you mean ‘I don’t have to worry about Carly anymore’?”

He chuckled. “I mean, as in, she won’t be anymore trouble to you or your parents. She’s keeping her mouth shut from now on, I made sure of it.”

“Justin…” I sighed. “What exactly did you do?”

“I paid her a little visit…” He trailed off casually.

I could hear the rumble of his car as he started it. “And?” I emphasized, wanting him to elaborate.

“I told her that if she opened up her mouth again and fed your parents bullshit, there will be problems.”