Chapter 62

Justin’s Point of View:

The paper crumpled in my hand as I held it in a tight fist, all color draining from my face, anger taking over as I dwelled on what just happened in complete disbelief.

Turning on the heels of my shoes, I stomped back into the house, my mind in a daze. Not knowing what to say or do, I let my frustrations do the talking. “Bruce, John, Marco, Marcus! Get your asses in here now!” I barked down the hall and in just seconds the guys came hurrying into the living room, their eyes wide in curiosity.

“What happened? What’s wrong?” Bruce asked, taking a step towards me, his eyes taking in my body language, concern flushing his face. “Who died?” He teased but little did he know there was a truth behind his words.

I gestured with my head towards the door. “Why don’t you go look for yourself?” I muttered, stuffing my hands heatedly in my pockets.

Furrowing his eyebrows, Bruce walked past me and towards the door, the guys following behind. I turned to see what he was doing in time to see him freeze at the sight of Kayla’s dead body.

“What the fuck?” He spat. “Who the fuck did this?”

Kayla?” Marco emphasized, completely taken back, not being able to believe what he was seeing.

“That’s not all.” I walked over to Bruce, taking my fist out of my pocket, unraveling it to reveal the balled up piece of paper that I had ruined just moments before.

Looking at me and then towards my hand, Bruce hesitantly took the piece of paper before opening it and skimming his eyes across the words. “Your girls next.” He slowly read it out loud; a hard look overcoming his eyes as he stared up into mine. “Who did this?”

I shrugged. “I have no fucking idea.” Taking the paper from him, I shoved it in John’s hand before walking over to Kayla. “I was talking to Kelsey on the phone when the bell rang. I waited for you guys to get it but when you didn’t, I did. I didn’t see anyone outside but then I caught sight of Kayla before I shut the door. What I didn’t expect was for her to be dead and for someone to leave a note, threatening Kelsey, again.” I raged in disbelief. “Clearly whoever it is wants to die.” I spat venomously.

“This is fucking bullshit.” John hissed, shaking his head. “Do we ever catch a break?” Giving the paper to Marco, John walked over to Bruce, staring down at Kayla’s dead body as well. “I mean, out of everyone, they killed Kayla?”

“They wanted to send us a message.” I muttered distastefully. “Whoever it was wanted to let us know that they could easily get to anyone we know... that, including Kelsey."

“This is fucking ridiculous.” Bruce let out a frustrated breath, running his fingers through his hair. “Who could honestly have the balls to pull this shit with us right now?”

“Someone who clearly wants to die a slow and painful death.” I spat irritably, my stomach in knots.