I shrugged. “I want nothing to do with her.”

Bruce rolled his eyes, not wanting to continue this conversation any further. Once Kayla calmed down, he let her go only to have himself hold her back once more when she tried to attack me again.

“You’re only making a fool out of yourself, I hope you know that.” I smirked. Watching her squirm was funny.

Kelsey remained silent, now staying beside me and not moving an inch. I could tell she wasn’t pleased with the whole showdown and her resentment towards Kayla was obvious.

I pulled her into my side, giving her a kiss to the temple. “You okay?” I murmured into her ear.

She nodded. “Yeah, I’m fine.” She looked up at me, giving me a small smile.

I pressed my lips to hers only to have Kayla interrupt.

“Aw,” She cooed, a fake smile smeared on her lips. “Aren’t you two just adorable?” Sarcasm dripped heavily from her words.

Kelsey pulled away, licking her lips while turning to face her. “Excuse me?” She raised her eyebrows.

Kayla pursed her lips, giving Kelsey the once over. “I don’t think we’ve officially met,” She put her hand out for Kelsey to shake. “I’m Kayla.”

Kelsey stared down at her hand before looking at her face. “Kelsey.” She monotonously spoke.

“Hm,” Kayla pulled her hand back, her eyes scanning Kelsey as if she were a piece of trash on the floor.

I locked my jaw tight. “Watch yourself, Kayla.” I spat.

“What are you going to do about it, Justin?” She snapped, knowing what I meant.

“What I should have done a long time ago.” I hissed, death flashing in my eyes as they hardened against hers.

“You really need to relax, Justin. You seem a bit… tense.” She smirked. “You should be nice. Maybe I could help with that later.”

I narrowed my eyes, my arm around Kelsey’s shoulders tightening. “Shut up.”

She raised her hands up in defense. “What?” She innocently smiled. “I’m just saying…”

“Do us all a favor and just don’t talk.” I expectorated, irritation rising to its highest peak.

“You make it seem like I tried to commit a crime. I’m just trying to properly introduce myself to your girlfriend. She is, in fact, your girlfriend… right?”

“That’s none of your God damn business.” I icily muttered.