I shifted my weight to one side, scanning her face for any sign of distress or dishonesty.

“I can see the way you stick up for him and the way he’d do anything to protect you, that you guys care deeply for one another.” Licking her lips, Carlysighed. “He came over my house, you know… after what happened.”

“I know.” I monotonously replied.

“I suppose you know what happened then?” She raised an eyebrow.

I numbly nodded. “Mhm.”

“Then you know that he threatened me to stay away from you?”

I stayed silent but she received her answer loud and clear.

“As much as I found that to be extremely disrespectful of him to intimidate me like that, I couldn’t help but see the fierce passion he had for you behind it.”

I stayed put, my ears alert to the things she was saying to me.

“Basically, what I’m trying to say here is, despite my distaste towards him, I’ll do whatever I can to help.” She softly smiled. “Just tell me what to do and I’m in.”

“Okay, good.” I smiled back. “All we have to do now is discuss it with Justin.” Walking over to my phone, I grabbed it, quickly dialing Justin’s number before  it on loud speaker.

After a few rings, he picked up. “Hello?”

“Justin?”

“Yeah babe?”

“Carly wants to talk to you.”

Justin’s Point of View:

“Okay,” I plopped myself down on the couch next to John. “What do we do now?” After I dropped of Kelsey at her house, I went back home.

“We wait.” Bruce shrugged. “We act causal, nothing out of the ordinary. When they come to question you tomorrow, don’t show any sign of hesitation.”

“Well, that’s easy.”

“Nothing you haven’t done before Bieber.” Bruce playfully winked.

I chuckled. “You got that right.”

“Did you talk to Kelsey about how things like this go down?” John intervened, bringing my attention to him. “You know you can’t have her coming over here while their investigating. They have you under surveillance twenty-four seven until the case is done and over with.”

“I know, I already told her that she’d have to wait a few days.”