I closed my eyes shut, pinching the bridge of my nose with my free hand. “And how exactly did you do it?” I sighed, knowing how he was when he got angry.

“I got in her face.”

I could imagine him shrugging to himself. I rolled my eyes. “You mean you threatened her.”

A fake gasp emitted from his lips. “Now, why would you think such a thing?”

“Because I know you. Now what did you really do?”

“I already told you babe.” He spoke nonchalantly, like this was any other normal conversation between us.

I sighed again. “How do you expect her to believe you’re not some bad guy if you go around threatening her?”

“I thought you’d be happy?” He grumbled, irritation laced with his words.

“Why would I be happy about something like that?” I hissed.

I mean, I know I’m angry with Carly but he didn’t have to go as far as to threaten her.

“Because I took the time out of my night to find her ass and make sure she never made you cry again.” He spat into the phone.

I cringed, looking away. “I appreciate your kind gesture Justin but, there are other civil ways to do things other than bullying people.”

There was silence coming from the other end of the phone.

I bit down on my lip, hoping I didn’t upset him. The last thing I wanted was for us to be on bad terms… again.

“Whatever. Just make sure your window is unlocked.”

My eyebrows shut up. “What? Why?”

“You’ll see.”

The dial tone was heard moments after indicating he had hung up his phone.

I groaned in complete irritation with the mess my life had become. Rolling out of bed, I made sure to unlock the window when I heard my name being called from downstairs. I bit my lip, scared of what they wanted to talk to me about now. Even though I already had a hunch on what it could be about.

Carefully and slowly making my way to the door, I opened it. “Yeah?” I called out.

“Come on downstairs! Your father and I would like to have a word with you.”

I bit the inside of my cheek. “Okay! Be down in a sec.” I shouted back, earning a quick okay before I closed the door and made my way downstairs.

I turned the corner to see both my parents sitting down on the couch with their fingers laced together on their thighs, their heads held upright, eyes boring into mine heavily.

I shuffled on my feet uncomfortably.

“Take a seat, Kelsey.” My mom gestured towards the couch opposite the one they sat in.

I did as I was told, folding my feet under my butt as I stared at them with curious eyes.

Neither of them said a word as they continued to stare at me.

Not wanting to break eye contact and seem disrespectful, I kept my gaze firmly planted on theirs.

Finally being the first to talk, my mom cleared her throat. “Your father and I have been discussing this for quite some time and well, we have come to the decision that we’d like to hear your side of the story.”

I nodded my head, giving them both a grim smile. “Okay--”

“But we want the truth this time, Kelsey. No more lies.” She said sternly earning another nod from me.