I was now seated at the end of my bed, my feet pressed on the hardwood floors. Once Kelsey made her way in front of me, I laid both my hands on her waist, pulling her closer to me. “Are you okay?” I whispered.

She nodded her head.

“Don’t lie to me.” I mumbled, looking into her eyes.

She looked away from me briefly before sighing. “I’m okay.”

I nodded my head. “Does your body hurt?”

She nodded while biting her lip. “Yeah. . .”

Leaning forwards, I pressed my finger tips against the wounds on her cheek, trailing them down to her neck.

She winced.

“I’m sorry.” I whispered.

She shook her head. “You have nothing to apologize for.”

“I made a mistake--”

“We both made a mistake, Justin.” She shook her head, causing a few strands of her bangs to fall in her face.

I caressed her cheek gently. “I should have just told you the truth about Jen.”

“And I shouldn’t have gotten into that car.” She shrugged, looking down at her hands. “We can’t fix what’s already been done.”

I nodded my head. “I know, I just wish I could have saved you sooner.”

“Even if you had, you know Luke would have found some other way to hurt me.” She mumbled.

I turned her face so that she was now looking into my eyes once more. “He won’t ever hurt you again, do you understand me?”

She nodded her head.

“Good because as of now, I’m not letting you out of my sight.” I softly chuckled, wanting to lighten the mood.

She cracked a soft smile. “Is that a promise?” She smirked.

“Oh, it’s a promise alright.” I grinned.

She shook her head, blushing slightly.

I smiled, looking down at her. How did I get so lucky to find a girl like you?

“Huh?” Kelsey looked up at me with knitted eyebrows.

I didn’t even realize I had spoken out loud.

Clearing my throat, I looked away. “Nothing,” I licked my lips.

“Don’t lie to me,” She whispered, using my own words from before against me.

I turned to look at her, my heart beat multiplying quickly. “I--” I cleared my throat. “I said how did I get so lucky to find a girl…” I grabbed her hand. “Like you?” I mumbled, pulling her closer to me so that she stood in between my legs.

She leaned down slightly, her forehead pressing against mine. “I don’t know,” She teased. “But to be honest, I’m glad I found someone like you.” She smiled.

“You mean a selfish, tempered, ignorant, pampas ass?” I smirked, caressing her hips lightly with my thumbs. “I highly doubt that babe.”

She giggled. “It makes up for my stubborn and bitchiness.” She shrugged, laughing lightly.

I chuckled, wrapping my arms around her and bringing her closer to me. “I was so afraid that I’d lose you…” I whispered.

She sadly stared into my eyes, biting the inside of her cheek. “You could never lose me.” She mumbled. “Even if you wanted to.”