But you did before. The back of my head spoke once more, driving me mad.

I dropped myself to lay on my back, my knees bent at the edge of the bed. I was losing my mind, there was no other explanation to it.

I mean, how could I, Kelsey Anderson, do that? Think like that?

It’s possible, I know.

But about Justin?

Kill me now.

He’s hot and you know it. The voice spoke up again.

I know he’s hot. He’s freaking smoking but he’s also a criminal. A very hot, daring, mysterious criminal…

Stop Kelsey, stop thinking like that. He’s still a bipolar murderer. I mentally dictated myself.

I groaned.

Why does life have to be so confusing?

“Kelsey!” The annoying voice that belonged to my brother screamed out.

“What?” I spat. I was not in the mood for his bullshit.

“Carly’s here!” He shouted back.

I immediately rose to my feet, springing out the door and down the stairs where indeed, Carly was standing.

“Carly!” I shouted, running over to her and pulling her into a tight hug.

Carly was the perfect distraction away from thoughts of Justin.

She giggled, hugging me back. “Hey Kelsey.” She pulled away.

“What are you doing here?” I questioned then remembered she doesn’t know I’m grounded.

“Why? I can’t visit my best friend?” She gave me a surprised look while playfully smirking, showing me she was just joking.

I laughed. “No, of course you can. It’s just.. never mind.” I shook my head.

She gave me a weird look. “O--kay?” She laughed before walking into the living room where Dennis sat playing video games.

“Beat it loser, Carly and I need to talk.” I thumbed behind me, motioning towards the stairs.

“No,” He continued playing.

I arched a brow. “You sure about that?” I walked over to his Xbox, leaning down to the power button. “Say I won’t do it.” I warned.

“Okay!” He jumped to his feet, his arms out in front of him, shaking fiercely for me to not do it.

He knew better than to mess with me.

I smirked. “Leave.”

He rolled his eyes before pausing the game and walking up the stairs and into his room.

I turned towards Carly, with a satisfied grin. “That always does it.”

She shook her head. “You’re so mean to him.”

“No I’m not.” I defensively stated. “It’s either he leaves or listens in on us.” I shrugged, taking a seat next to her on the couch.

“Whatever,” She playfully rolled her eyes at me.

I picked at my nails, waiting for her to start the conversation. She obviously came here for a reason, despite the fact that she wanted to see me.

Like expected, she began talking. “Where did you go to after the party from last night? You, like, disappeared!”

“What? I was looking for youYou couldn’t be found anywhere.” I gave her an incredulous look. I could have sworn my eyes were about to fall out.