15

Patrick's POV:

I wake up with a jolt to the sudden screaming and thrashing from the bed beside me. I sit up so suddenly my head spins and pull the blankets away and Pete is laying there thrashing violently and screaming loud enough to wake the dead. I grab his wrists and lay half on top of him to still his body.

"Pete wake up! Its a dream its all just a dream! Wake up!" I yell and Petes eyes flash open and for a second he looks terrified of me before he bursts into tears. I let go of his wrists and he immediately clings to me gripping my hair and shirt and pressing his face to my neck.

"Patrick, Patrick." He keeps mumbling in a quite croaky voice.

"Hush Pete its okay it was just a dream." I day sitting up and pulling Pete into my lap rubbing his back soothingly.

"It wasn't just a dream." He cries and tightens his grip. My hair feels like its a few seconds from ripping out of my skull.

"Well your safe from whatever it was about. Nothing can hurt you here." I whisper against his hair and he shivers.

"I can hurt me." He cries and I feel my heart plummet into my socks.

"I won't let you hurt you." I say tears brimming on my eyes and I hug Pete tighter just wishing that all of this could go away. That he would be okay and that this wouldn't be happining to us.

Our lives have never been normal and Pete has been through enough suffering for a hundred people. His parents were crap his sister and him were seperated when they were young. He was in a car crash that left him in a coma and then his depression got worse.

We broke up and then got back together and made each other better and things were perfect for a few years we got married and were happy and Pete found his sister and then all this happened and brought him back to square one.

Why can't we just have a break. "Pete we have gone through this before and trust me we can make it again." I say and Pete sniffles. "Do you remember when we first met?" I ask trying to get his mind off of his dream.

"Yes tell me anyway." He asks sounding like a small child.

"Well I was friends with Joe and he told me that his friend was having this party...

*Flash back*

"Joe come on you know I don't party! Come on I can't even legally drink yet dude."

"Yeah but the guy hosting the party just turned twenty one and he is totally your type."

"Joe I'm seventeen dont you think its a bit pervy to be setting me up with a twenty one year old?" I huff and Joe sighs.

"Fine then don't flirt with him but I know you guys can still be great friends. Plus you turn eighteen in like two months live a little jesus."

"Fine but your driving there." I huff and Joe fist pumps with victory.

"Get your butt in the car then sunshine." He yells and shoos me out the door. We drive to the guys house which is creepily close to mine. I get out of the car and fix my hat before following Joe into the party.

"Okay I'm going to go find him and some drinks stay here I will be back." Before I can object Joe dissappears in the mass of bodies dancing to the beat.

I sigh and weave around trying to find a wall to lean on or something. Joe always dissappears for hours at a time so I have no hope of finding him again.

"You look like you need this more than I do." Someone yells next to me the music so loud I can hardly hear them. I turn and stand stunned for a moment at the person underneath the flashing pink and blue lights.

Hes beautiful.

Black hair straighted covering one of his eyes and the other a whiskey brown lined in with smudged black. My eyes trail down his full bottom lip to his collarbone where a tattoo that looks like thorns or barbed wire hangs out from the low collar of his ripped black tee shirt. Then to the plastic cup he holds in his hand which is outstretched toward me.

"Wh-what?" I ask cringing as my voice stutters. A grin spreads across the guys face showing off impossibly white teeth.

"Drink up, trust me it will help loosen that stick up your ass." He laughs and I feel my cheeks heat up with a red hot blush.

"I still cant believe you said that too me you were such a dick back then weren't you?" I say breaking away from the story. Pete laughs lightly.

"Yes I was keep going skip to the beat part." I smile and then sigh.

"Fine okay so after awhile you kept giving me more drinks and I lost count of how many I had had....

"You don't handle your drinks so well do you cutie?" The guys laughs and the permanent tinge to my cheeks from the alcohol deepens.

"I do too I am a sophisticated gentleman." I say and then a burp escapes my mouth. I clamp a hand over my lips and then giggle and the guy, Pete, I learned grins at me.

"Joe tells me you sing?" He asks over the music and I blush. "Sing for me? Please I will do anything if you sing for me."

"Fine I will sing." I grumble and then wait for the current song, my hips don't lie, too end.

As if by fate David Bowie comes on next and I smile recognizing 'Life on Mars' opening line. An odd choice for a drunk party but when I glace at the music player and see Joe smiling at me and waving I know its no mistake.

I start singing and close my eyes as the song continues stopping occasionally to laugh at the wrong note I sang or take a swig of my drink and by the time the song is done and I open my eyes everyone is clapping and cheering and there in the middle of it all is Pete a quirky smile on his face staring driectly at me. I make my way over to him receiving high fives and smacks on the back on the way.

"Wow."

"Thats when I knew I had to find out who Patrick Martin Stump the boy in the dorky hat with the golden voice who somehow showed up at my party was." Pete admits. "Took me months to get the courage to ask you out because I couldn't stop thinking about how perfect you were and how much better you could have."

"I only want you." I say looking down into Pete's eyes and rubbing my thumb along his cheek. He smiles uo at me his dream forgotten and sits up to kiss me.

I smile into the kiss which is just short presses of our lips together but its perfect.