10

The hugs and congratulations continue for hours until eventually I wade my way through the crowd and find Pete being hugged by my sobbing mother. She pulls away when I tap her shoulder and she instead latches onto me.

"You sneaky little thing why didnt you tell me it was Pete my god after all these years." She pulls away and wipes at her eyes. She turns to Pete and kisses his forehead. "My other son has finally come home." She cries happily and gives Pete another bone crushing hug before excusing herself to go fix her makeup. I pull Pete into a hug and sigh happily as his arms wrap around me.

"My face hurts from smiling." He laughs and I chuckle softly I pull away slightly so I can see his face. I press my lips against his in a very breif kiss because people are everywhere. When I pull away I hear someone cheering. I turn and see Brendon and Sarah clapping and smiling as Brendon lets out another loud " Get some!"

I blush furiously as they make their way over to us. Sarah pulls me in a tight hug. "Patrick oh my god way to just fuck with everyones emotions." She laughs and I laugh with her she pulls away and grabs Pete and hugs him too placing a kiss on his cheek.

Then Brendon wraps his arms around me in a bear hug and lifts me off the floor. "You sneaky mother fucker." He yells and I laugh nervously because Brendon could very well kill me.

He places me down and then turns to Pete. I watch his face soften and it looks like he may cry as he hugs Pete for a long time his face awkwardly buried in Petes hair because he is so much taller than Pete.

When he pulls away he wipes a few tears away from his cheeks and Sarah rubs his back soothingly.

"Thank you for coming Brendon." I say smiling and he smiles back.

"I wouldnt have missed it for anything. I am just shocked that its Pete I mean it's been so long man. You guys were always so good together Im happy for you." I smile like a dork and pull Pete to me wrappig my arm around his lower back as his rests on my waist. I rub my thumb against his hip and smile at him tilting my chin up because in his shoes he is now more than two inces taller.

"So when does this party get started?" Brendon asks and I smile.

"Any minute now." I say laughing and Pete laughs too. We make our way to the table for dinner and enjoy throwing our peas at each other. After that we cut the cake and we go to feed each other a piece I smush Pete's all over his face and run away before he can do the same to me.

I run laughing as he chases me around the tables. He finally tackles me down and smears it all over my face. We burst into fits of giggles as he helps me from the floor. We wipe off each others faces and then get swooped onto the dance floor.

As we slowly dance around the large open space Pete rests his forehead against my own. We gaze into each others eyes and I can't help but remember the last time we did this.

"Please welcome with a nice round of applause the two newly wed husbands Mr. and Mr. Wentz!" The dj announces. Pete laughs and picks me up carrying me bridal style to the center of the floor that swirls with fake mist. I smile at him as he places me down and puts one hand on my hip the other holding my hand.

Our song starts playing and Pete swirls me around the dance floor. I laugh and smile the whole time getting lost in the movement of our feet and the twirls and dips. On one we accidentally fall into the fake mist and we laugh and Pete goes to stand before he does I peck his lips and he grins. "I think I just won the lottery because now I have you."

I snap back into reality when Pete stops dancing. I smile but it fades when Pete stares blankly at me his mouth opening and closing gaping like a fish out of water. My hands fly to his face as his eyes start to roll back into his skull and he collapses.

I scream loudly and fall down next to him. His limbs flail around and someone pulls me away.

"Don't touch him! You could hurt him more." They say restraining me I watch in horror as he flails around more before stilling. The whole room is deadly silent as I break away from the person holding me and crawl across the floor propping Pete's head into my lap. His breathing is shallow but he doesn't open his eyes. I push his hair away from his eyes and hold onto him.

I remember someone telling me that an ambulance was coming and I remember someone asking if I was okay but I felt numb. I hold onto Pete until the paramedics take him away.

Then an oxygen mask is placed on my own face and only then do I snap out of it. Tears streak down my face as they escort me to the ambulance with Pete.

I turn and see all the shocked worried faces of the guests and cry harder. I thought Pete was okay he hadn't had an episode since that first time. I take his hand as soon as I get into the back of the ambulance and we rush to the hospital.