8

We lay there for hours and eventually our breathing evens out and we cool off. Pete has his forehead against my own and we stare at each others face lovingly. My hand traces shapes on Pete's nakes hips and his play with my hair.

Awhile back I pulled the throw blanket over us both so we would stay warm and right now I wouldn't change this moment for the world.

"Lets get married tomorrow." Pete smiles as he says this quietly.

"We need to tell everyone and book the caterer and venue and everything we can't do that by tomorrow." I say smiling Pete looks at my smile and smiles back.

"Okay then the next day." I let out a loud laugh and so does Pete before he kisses me cheek lightly.

We spend the rest of the day on the couch. We watch movies and eat popcorn but when I go to pull on clothes Pete stops me every time.

My eyes are just slipping closed when the phone rings again. I go and pick it up quickly.

"Hello?"

"Patrick oh thank god your still fricken alive. Do you know how worried I have been you peice of shit?" I cringe when I hear Brendon's harsh tone. "Why haven't you answered my texts? You were going to come visit when you came to L.A. and you never showed up! What the hell happening?" Brendonz voice raises a few octaves when he worries so he sounds like a crazy old lady.

" I uh..." I remember how Pete asked not to tell anyone so I cant tell him that. Brendon would know if I had a family emergency because he talks to my mother all the time. Crap what do I say. I can hear the thick silence on the other side ofthe phone waiting for a good excuse. "Well you see the thing is I took some time off because Im getting married." I blurt it out quickly and I feel Pete looking at me when I lock eyes with his he is smiling.

" What do you mean getting married? Who the hell are you marrying?" Brendon asks his voice in shock.

" A very special someone who I am not going to tell you the name of. Do you want to be the best man?" I say smiling back at Pete.

" Of course I am being your best man you idiot why can't you tell me? Have I even met this person."

" Yeah you have Ill send you an invitation soon by Bren." I hang up the phone before he can say anything else but knowing him he will try and call back later about 6 million times. I walk back to the couch and place my hands on the arm rest and lean over to kiss Pete.

"We have alot of planning to do." I say with a small chuckle. Pete beams and stands.

" Then lets get started."

We spend the next few hours well into the night googling wedding things from the venue, to food, to decor, and down to invitations. By the time we both stumble to bed at 3 in the morning we have a pretty good idea of how the wedding is going to be.

We spend the rest of my week off making reservations and booking things renting others and getting suit measurements. The wedding will be at the end of the month. Not really a wedding and more like a renewal of vows but I haven't seen Pete this happy in a long time.

I write out invitations to all our long lost friends asking them to come to the wedding for me and not once revealing that its Pete.

When I go back to work they have a party with a cake congratulating me. I smile the whole time and everyone cheers when I say we are having a vows ceremony.

I spend the days working and the nights me and Pete plan. He gains weight back slowly filling back in his hollowed form.

By the time the end of the month comes the invitation acceptances come flowing back from Brendon and Sarah, Joe, Andy, my mom, and almost everyone else.

Pete reads them all with a big smile as we cuddle on the couch. I can tell he can't wait for it and excitement bubbles under my own skin when I realize its only a few days away.

The days before are crazy I take more holidays from work but my time is filled with preparations as is Pete's. We hardly have any down time anymore but when we go to bed I always see the smile on Pete's face.

"Tomorrows the day." He whispers sleepily from his side of the bed. I hum slightly to tired to actually say something. I feel Pete shuffle closer and we wrap around each other and fall asleep.

When I wake up Pete is already gone. I smile lazily and get up and walk down to the kitchen where he stands making breakfast. I plant a kiss on his cheek and hug him from behind.

" Are you ready?" I ask.

"I have never been so ready in my whole life." Pete says turning his neck to plant a kiss on my lips.

"I got you something." I say nervously I dig into my pocket and pull out the new wedding ring I bought for Pete last week. Pete gasps and drops his spatula.

"Patrick you didnt have too..." I cut hin off with a kiss.

"Of course I had too." I say and get down on one knee right there in the kitchen. " Pete I love you I need you more than the air that I breathe and everything that has happened in our lives we deserve the rest of forever in happiness. So Pete will you re marry me?" I say and Pete smiles tears rolling down his cheeks.

"Of course I will get up and let me love you." I laugh and stand and Pete wraps his arms around my neck and kisses me passionatly.  " Now are you ready to go get re married in front of all our friends who think Im dead? Because I sure as hell am."