14

*Flash back Petes POV*

I stir from my dreamless sleep when I feel the plane shake slightly. Must be turbulence I rub my eyes and yawn loudly. I smile thinking about how my sister is waiting for me at the airport right now. I can't wait to finally meet her and see if she looks like me or acts like me.

I have a little sister and its a crazy thought. I look down at my hands and twist around the new golden band sitting on my ring finger. I knew Patrick had wanted to come with me but I had insisted the first meeting should just be me. I promised him that next time he could come.

I wonder how my sister will react to the fact that I am married to a man. A very small, adorable, squishy man but a man none the less. I smile thinking about Patrick wanting him by my side right now so I can kiss him. I miss him and almost regret not telling him to come too. I know as soon as I see my sister though I will remember why its important for us to bond first.

I snap out of my thoughts as the plane jostles again. I glance around nervously and my eyes land on the window. We are inside a very dark menacing cloud. I gulp when I hear rumbles of thunder in the distance. Why arent we pulling up? Getting out of the storm?

Rain pelts at the windows so suddenly I jump back in fear. I see all the other passengers chatting nervously amougst themselves. No one is seated next to me in my little row but I wish their was so I could ask them whats going on. The plane takes a sudden down drop before straightening out it makes my stomach feel like its rising into my throat.

I swallow thickly and tighten up my seat belt gripping nervously on the arm rests. Its fine just some turbulence it happens all the time with planes. I take a few deep breaths trying not to let anxiety get the best of me.

My heart races as the plane quakes around me and the air masks drop from the ceiling panels. I pull one too me immediately as the captians voice comes over the grainy intercom.

"Ladies and gentleman this is your captain speaking due to the weather conditons the plane is experiencing some difficulties at this time we ask you to remain in your seats and remain calm. We are going to try to turn around and land at the nearest airport."

A few groans sound from the other passengers but I feel relieved to know I will be on solid ground once more. I settle into my seat and grip onto the arm rests and take deep breathes watching the air masks bag in flate and deflate as I do so.

I twist my wedding ring nervously and just silently hope that I can make it home okay.

Nature seemed to have other plans.

The last thing I remembered before waking up was a bright flash of light and an explosion of noise all around me.

When I woke up I was on the forest floor covered in mud and my whole body ached. A few feet away from me layed my chair from the airplane with chunks of carpet still clinging to the bottom of it.

I sit up and look around me and see nothing but dense trees in the dark and raining night. I stand up and fall immediately back down. My ankle is swollen and beginning to bruise there is cuts all over me and my clothes are in tatters. I still painfully hobble around trying to piece together what happened.

I lean against a tree and feel panic swell up inside of me. Where did the plane go? More importantly where am I?

I try to find a clearing or any sign of the plane but the rain makes it hard to see. I spend the night stumbling around the dark forest weaving around trees and under broken branches.

I didn't realize until much later that i was trailing further and further away from the crash site.

By the time morning came I was covered in mud and debris, exhausted and hopelessly lost.

A/n its short and it sucks but this deserved an update.