11

Its been so long that I passed out in one of the chairs in the lobby. The cheap fabric causing the suit I am wearing to bunch up in uncomfortable places. When I wake up I have a terrible crink in my neck. I stand and pace the room for awhile. I walk up to the nurses desk and wait for a second until she gets off the phone.

She eyes up my suit with a sad look. "Um is Pete, Pete Wentz available to see yet?" I ask and she types something into the computer. Her eyebrow crinkles and she picks up the phone to call someone. I shift uncomfortably from foot to foot and pick at my nails.

She gets off the phone and sighs loudly. "Well they said you could see him. But no one else." I nod so fast my neck nearly snaps off. "Room 435 on the fourth floor." I nearly sprint to the elevator as soon as the words are out of her mouth.

The ride up I am very anxious for some reason. My skin crawls and when the doors open I rush out and sbap my head from side to side to see which way to go. I see the plack on the wall pointing the right direction and dash down the hall. I get a few weird looks but I keep running.

I find the room and burst in. I rush to Pete's bedside and grab his hand that is filled with needles and a clamp on his finger. I place a gentle kiss to his palm and hold it close. He is kind of cold and is passed out a tube in his nose and a few monitors taped to his chest.

I wipe a stray tear away and sit on the edge of his bed. I notice a bag sricking out from ubder the bed. I pull it out and its Pete's suit neatly folded in the bag.

I tuck it back and rub small circles on Pete's hand. I almost want to laugh at how many times we have been here.

*Flashback *

"Please another month. Don't do this! I will pay for all of it everything!" I beg Petes parents stand in the door way they look beaten down and ready to give up. They are tired of trying with no results. I can't let him go not yet, Im not ready.

"Patrick we have decided. Its over its been six months and there has been no sign of him recovering! Plus we already know you have spent everything you have on him. Please Patrick he is our son we know whats best. Do it doctor."

I tighten my grip on Pete's arm because I have no say and they are going to rip away the best part of me. The doctor walks closer and tears fall unwillingly from my eyes. I never wanted to cry infront of these people. They always hated my relationship with Pete and never approved. I wince when the doctor unceremoniously starts turning things off and unplugging things.

I cry harder gripping Pete's arm to my chest. I squeeze my eyes closed because I can't watch this.

Then the beeping and air pump stop and I hold my breath for a terrible half second its deadly silent until someone starts choking. I open my eyes and look at the doctor who is staring wide eyed at Pete. My eyes fly to him and I can see his throat working trying to pull in air but unable to with the tubes still in place.

The doctor surges forward and starts unhooking the tubes and pulling them out. I watch hopefully as Pete lies there a second. I nearly scream when he sits up suddenly and pukes over the side of the bed. I sit in shocked silence just staring openly at Pete.

His eyes latch onto my hand still holding his arm and trail up to my eyes. My shoulders are shaking because holy shit. Pete is awake and looking at me. He stares at me in shock and reaches out his hand and touches my face and I want to laugh and jump around gleefully and shove this in his parents face. Because Pete is awake and alive and touching me and I feel a swell of happiness fill my chest and I feel like I may burst.

"Patrick?"

*end flashback*

I wipe away a tear remembering all those years ago. When Pete woke up from his car crash and only remembered me. I wish he would do the same right now. Wake up so I could pull him into a hug.

I really need a hug from him right now assurance that everything will be okay and that this won't happen again. People from the wedding are probably flipping their shit right now. I lay down in the small space beside Pete and bury my face in his chest and breathe in his smell.

He smells different then before he went missing. Has more of an earthy pine like smell now. Which is funny but also depressing.

How many more times do I almost have to loose him just to keep him for a few more happy moments. The universe must have some sort of vendetta against us being together.

A/n hey so isn't it funny that the flashback in this chapter was from chapter 11 in echo? Funny how things work out like that. But hey its the same chapter in Patricks perspective (its called cheating).