12

I must have fallen asleep on the bed next to Pete because before I know it a nurse is shaking me awake and telling me I have to leave. Its nothing I am not used to so I stand and fix my tux before walking out of the room.

I wish I could stay but I know that the nurses and doctors can only do their job when I am not in the way. I will be able to come back for visitation hours so there is that at least.

When I get back down to the lobby I am pulled into a tight hug. I want to scream but I recognize the familiar tall lean body. Brendon.

I peer over his shoulder and see a handful of other wedding guests sitting in the waiting area. All of them have their eyes fixated on me. All of them wearing the same sad solemn expression.

Brendon pulls away and pats my shoulder he looks like he has been crying and his hair is a mess. He slings an arm over my shoulder and walks me to the group gathered in the waiting room.

" Hey everybody." I say softly and I get a few responses of 'Hey' back. My mom who I hadn't even noticed was here stands and pulls me in a hug.

"How is he?" Its a simple question and I feel everyone's eyes on me when I take a deep breath and stare at the floor.

"I think he is going to he okay. He hasn't woken up yet, and no one has really told me what happened but so far there is no cause for alarm." I hear a few of the guests let out sighs of relief and my mother gives me a small smile.

"Well thats good to hear. Now hun lets get you home so you can change its been a long night for everybody."

When walking out a few of the guests follow suit a handfull saying goodbye or how they are sorry this happened. It makes me feel bad about everything because this was supposed to be Pete's grand coming home party and now everyone thinks he is dying or some such bullshit.

I get into my moms car and sit silently the entire drive back to my house. When we arrive my mother hugs me tightly I tell her to go home as well. She argues to stay but I insist. I need to be alone because its familiar, its safe to be alone. Perhaps not with the depressing thoughts running around in my brain but Ive had worse. This I can survive.

I walk up the steps dragging my feet the entire way under the morning sun. My legs hurt and I have a crink on my neck from sleeping on the hospital bed. When I get inside I strip off the tux and lay it on the chair in the bedroom. Then I flop down face first on the bed and fall right back asleep.

When I crack my eyes open again its only because the phone is angrilly ringing on the bedside table. I wipe the crust from my eyes and blindly grab for it. I should find my glasses. I answer the call finally on the hundreth ring.

"Hello?"

"Mr. Wentz so glad we could finally reach you. This is Sheral from the hospital. just calling to let you know your husband has woken up and is asking for you. One of your friends is here a Mr. Brenden Urie? He wanted access to the room but I said I should run it by you first."

"Yes of course let him in I will be there soon as I can." I say excitedly and jump up from the bed all the sleepiness leaving me.

"Of course see you soon." She says and the line goes dead. I pull on a pair of jeans and a hoodie and rush out the door. When I get outside however I realize my car isnt here. Crap.

I pull out my cell and call Joe explaining the situation. He agrees immediately understanding the urgency even if its already nine at night.

A few minutes later Joe pulls up and I hop into his passenger seat. We zoom our way to the hospital and I jump out of the car as soon as we shift into park. I rush into the hospital and stop at the nurses desk.

"Im here to see Pete Wentz." I say quickly still catching my breath from running in here. Dam im out of shape.

"Of course do you remember his room i can look it up on the compu-" I don't even let her finish because I am already running to the elevator.

When I finally make it to his room I hesitate and adjust my sweater only then realizing its one of Pete's. I smooth it down nervously and walk into the room.

Brendon and Pete stop talking mid sentance and turn to look at me. I smile and feel relief flooding my veins. I rush up to the bed and press a quick kiss to Pete's lips.

"You had me so worried you fucker." I say punching his arm lightly. He pulls me into a hug and clutches at my hoodie.

"When you weren't here I was so worried that I had been gone long enough for you to give up on me. Thank god its only been a day. Fuck Patrick Im so sorry." He cries gripping my shirt tighter. I wrap my arms tightly around him and rock him back and forth gently.

"Im not mad Pete. I could never be mad at you. I love you." I say against his hair he sniffles loudly. I hear Brendon cough loudly and I nearly have a heart attack because I completely forgot he was here. " Hey Brendon thanks for staying here all day."

"No problem. You needed some sleep after everything and I was hyped up on sugar from that vending machine in the lobby. Sarah went home and brought me some clothes to change into so it wasnt that bad of a wait. I mean whats one day after nearly eight years am I right?" He chuckles nervously and I do the same. Pete just looks a little more sad after that comment though.

I place a kiss on his forehead and a smile breaks out across his gloomy face. "Did the doctors say what happened?" I ask and Pete shakes his head. I frown and sit on the bed next to him.

"I didn't want to hear anything until you were here with me." Pete says whilst grabbing my hand and interlocking our fingers. "Im scared to know honestly." He says weakly squeezing my hand.

"What ever happens Im with you to the end." I say squeezing his hand right back.