13

A/n I would like to dedicate this chapter to PATDTomboy who said this story makes them smile. Your awesome bro. Also who has a story based off this one on her profile called Say Something. Would recommend you bros check it out if you like this story.

We sit in Pete's hospital room for awhile longer just relaxing I hold his hand the whole time and occasionally squeeze it for reassurance. Finally the doctor enters the room, Brendon had left a few hours ago so now its just me and Pete. I wrap my arm around him as the doctor gives us the details on Pete's problems.

"Well Mr. Wentz, it seems you don't have many symptoms for something physically wrong with you, your blood pressure was lower than normal when you came in but other than that I have reason to believe that your condition is mainly psychological. Most likely from the trauma you faced after your accident. Which is why I want to recommend you to a psychologist in the area."

Pete nods but doesn't say a word simply staring at the blanket covering his legs. " So Peter there is no reason that you need to be admitted in this hospital any more and you may go home. Please contact a psychologist soon because I am sure you can put this condition behind you. If these fainting spells happen again make sure to get to a hospital straight away. All these episodes could cause damage to your body."

"Thank you doctor I will make sure that he gets the help he needs." I say standing to shake the doctors hand. He nods and tells me to check out at the nurses desk before we leave. When he exits the room Pete still has his chin downwards his eyes dont move from the blanket.

"Pete?" I ask softly touching his arm and rubbing it soothingly.

"I'm broken." He says letting out a quite sob.

"Pete your not broken." I say pulling him into a hug, he burries his face in my shirt and I can feel it getting damp with his tears. "Pete its just stress, you were gone for so long Pete coming back after all those years would be hard on even the strongest of people. I love you Pete and I want you to get the help you need." I stroke his hair softly and I hear his sniffles die down a little. I help him from the bed and wrap him in a sweater I brought he smiles and pulls on his dress pants from the wedding.

"I look ridiculous." He whines and pouts a little. I fluff up his hair and straighten his sweater.

"There thats not better." I joke and he cracks a smile I run my thumb under his swollen eyes and lean up to kiss his nose softly. "Your still handsom as the day I first met you now chin up and lets get you home."

Pete and I exit the hospital and take my car home. The drive is silent and I don't realize until we get home that Pete had actually fallen asleep. I debate mentally if I can carry him all the way to bed and when another wave of exhaustion washes over me I realize there is no way.

I shake Pete's shoulder gently and he wakes with a start and grips the door tightly. His eyes flash over to me and I notice him visibly relax. " I thought I was falling out of a tree." He mutters and I feel like an a-hole for waking him up.

"Sorry were home now. Thought you would want to sleep in bed." He yawns and then nods in agreement. We make our way to bed and both collapse into the sheets hardly pausing to kick off our shoes.

We curl up together and I fall asleep as soon as my face hits Pete's chest. Its a dreamless night and when I wake up its because the sun is shining into the room. I notice Pete is not next to me in bed and the sheets are cold. I get up and change into pajamas because I am not doing anything today anyway.

I make my way downstairs and find Pete on the living room floor propped against the couch flipping through the old photo albums of us. "Morning." I say with a small yawn following.

"Try afternoon." Pete says looking up and smiling at me. There is the Pete I know. I pad across the carpet in my bare feet and sit on the couch behind Pete.

"Why are you up so early." I ask rubbing his shoulders lightly. His head lolls back and he hums softly.

"I couldnt sleep." He says and I frown.

"Why not I know you were tired." He shrugs and I rub circles harder into his shoulder blades.

"I had a nightmare is all." He sighs and closes the photo album in his lap and sets it aside.

"Why didn't you wake me up I could have helped." I lean forward and rest my cheek on his shoulder Pete cranes his neck and looks at me with sad eyes.

"I didn't want to talk about it." He says quitely. I kiss his shoulder and remove my head from his shoulder snd lean back to continue rubbing the knots in his neck. " Its just. It was about when I crashed and I didnt want to ever have to think about it again." He shivers and I feel it rack his body.

"Thats okay, but did you ever think that maybe talking about it with someone will help it go away?" I ask and Pete shrugs.

"Maybe but I am just not ready yet it was hard living with that memory when i felt like I was stuck in a nightmare for years."