Chapter 25: Carter Christmas

Start from the beginning

The first bag I opened I almost cried because he got me a ring light for my videos. All the real YouTubers like Jackie Aina, Vicky Logan, the Glam Twinz have one and I was too geeked that I started screaming.

"Oh Lord another Lovie", Zerin said. No Lovie shrieked, I screamed. I hugged Breslin as he told me to continue. This was already too much, basically a $150 piece of equipment. The second bag was a shoe box, and inside were a pair of olive green Huaraches. I saw these three weeks ago when we went to the mall; I refused for him to pay for them, but he knew how much I wanted them.

"You didn't. Ugh, I hate you Bres". He just smiled before whispering in my ear, "You know you love me".

"Hey now, I ain't ready for two grandchildren now. Cut all that whispering shit out". Ms. Syd said while Lovie was trying to hustle me for my shoes because we wore the same size. The third bag I was too outdone with, he got me my favorite, well his favorite fragrance on me, Vera Wang Princess.

"Well damn Bres, can you introduce me to some of your friends that give gifts like you do?" Lovie said and I just smiled because I truly had the best boyfriend ever.

"Now, this last one is your anniversary gift babe. Read the card though - not aloud though, especially while this one is in the room". He said pointing at Sabrina.

I laughed and opened the card while I sat the little bag in my lap.

Mackenzie, Kenz, my babe, my everything. Since you've came into my life, I've seen the best me ever and it's because of you. Not just with school, being President, pledging, none of that, just overall as a person. This is the happiest I've been and it's because of my Queen, my life support, my reason to wake up just so I can make you smile. You know I'm with you, flaws and all. I can't wait until we're old like Carl and Ellie from Up (Remember that night we were boohooing over that damn movie lol), but I'm glad, thankful, blessed, I can brag different like Jay-Z because you're my girl and a true key. The most beautiful, kindest, caring girl and I'm so happy you're mine. This gift will show it.

Happy One Month Anniversary,
Your Boo Boo Bear Breslin
(Stop Calling Me That Shit)

I was laughing and crying at the same time as Breslin kissed my forehead and told me to open the gift. I heard all the women in the background making comments. I opened the bag to find a small box that I opened and instantly started tearing up, he got me a gold chain with a B charm. It was beautiful.

I felt like shit, but at the same time so loved by the man in my life. Here I am, holding back from him and he accepts me, flaws and all. I gave him a hug and a small peck because I did not want to go into a full lip service session. I met Ms. Syd's eyes and I knew what she was telling me. I told him thank you as he put it around my neck. "Well, not that I'm expecting anything babe, but uh did you get ya mans anything?"

I slapped his chest, wiped my eyes, and went to go get his gifts which I had in my guest room. I came back downstairs with two bags. "Well, you know I don't have a Presidential scholarship, so I could only get you one gift, but I hope you like it".

"Of course I will babe. Anything you get me". I passed him the bags and saw him unravel it. "Holy shit". Ms. Syd shot him a look as he pulled a Durant away Warriors jersey and a Curry home Warriors jersey. "My bad Ma, but thank you babe, you know I wanted these". Breslin loved jerseys of all kinds. He kissed me, and even though his face showed it, I had a surprise.

"Well, you can choose which one you like for this". I gave him an envelope which he was confused when I gave it to him. It was until he opened it did I get the reaction I worked double overtime for.