Chapter 6-"The Adventures Of Adrian Parker"

Start from the beginning

I've been a horrible friend. 

With that racing through my mind I slipped my hands from his head and tucked them beneath his arms, squeezing his back, blocking the truth if not denying it. I was afraid. Afraid to show any emotion, fearing that it wasn't the one I was suppose to use, fearing that he didn't need me. And most of all fearing that it would make me vulnerable again. I tightly closed my eyes while I rested my head on his shoulder, seeking some comfort that I knew I didn't deserve, wishing for the prickling to stop before it was too late. I was fearing again, more than ever. And it seemed like this was the most genuine one so far.

Fear that I'd already lost my chance at redeeming my actions. I'd already lost my Best friend.

Adrian, regaining from his state, had his arms encircling me quicker than lightning itself. It was nice, having someone there. Someone who'd share the pain. Suddenly, what was supposed to be an awkward hug turned into the most beautiful emrace ever.We were both holding the other with a strength so strong that I was amazed that we weren't super glued to eachother.We'd found haven in our arms, interlocked with one another like a rope binding us together. 

'I am sorry...' I uttered, so softly that I doubted he'd heard me. 

'for what, Aid ?' He asked, kissing the top of my head.

Aid.

That name, once the reason for my smile now brought such sorrow to me that it became unbearable, agonising. Funny that he'd call me that now, when I was willing to ignore the matter at any cost, no matter what it was. Aid... the more I said it the less I believed in it. In myself. It echoed off the walls, a constant reminder of what I wasn't. Of what I'd lost.

I was the Aid. The rescue girl. The friend in need. Yet, I felt like the snitch. I felt repulsed, disgusted.

'Don't Adrian. Just don't call me that.' I croaked out, tightening my numbing hold.

Adrian tried letting me go but I didn't want to, I don't think I'd ever. I wanted to stay as far away from the reality as I could possibly manage. I didn't want to think.

'Hey! hey! hey! what' s happening? Aiden come-on, talk to me.' Adrain said, concerned

'I' ve been a bad friend, Ad. I don't deserve this. I don't deserve you.'

 I was aware that anyone who couldn't hear my thoughts would be confused as hell, it still didn't matter. I  couldn't bring myself to care. Adrian's arms around me were all that I needed.

'Oh man. What are you on about? Chicks are so weird...' He muttered in my hair

I bit out a laugh and moved my head to look at him

'Adrian, do you think I am a bad friend?' I asked, a little too seriously.

Adrian moved his eyes around my face, searching for any sort of clue that could unravel the mystery of the mood swing I had overcome with. He placed one of his hands on my cheek and looked square into my eyes. I stopped breathing. All of a sudden I was painfully conscience of myself. I looked right back at his green one's and at that very second, everything became clear. Like I was seeing the world for the first time.

The emerald eyes, a green so deep, so unique that it hypnotised me with its beauty. His angular face, from the pointy nose to the bow shaped lips and all the way to that cleft chin. It was clear, alright. I just saw what everyother girl at school saw everyday. And, I knew that they were right. Till this date I had failed to see the true Adrain.I knew that he was good-looking but I never actually looked long enough to see it myself. He looked like a roman statue, carved with such beauty that it hurt you to look at it. Its a wonder I didn't notice it before.

I was too busy, looking at him like he was another creature altogether. I didn't notice anything else. I didn't even notice that our lips were a mere centimetre away (and counting) And then, it happened. 

'Aiden, whatever you're taking. Reduse the dose' Adrian said and patted me on the cheek.

I was still a little starstruck to realise right away but when it dawned upon me I picked the cushion from behind him and slammed him with it. Right on the face. That asswipe, he needs to learn where his limits lie. He raised his hands in front of himself in a surrendering motion, laughing and laughing at my lame attempts of hitting him.

In no time we were both laughing, forgetting about our previous quarrel. When we were over our fit Adrian's hands were placed lightly on my hips and mine were weaved in his hair, closer than how we were sitting. How we got in this position? I don't know myself.

'Your the most awesome friend I could have asked for, Aiden. Sure, you have your bitch mments- (this is where I glared at him yet he shamelessly smirked at me)- But I won't change you for the world'

Though I was frowning and glaring when he'd reached the middle I couldn't stop the smile that came on my face. (even when I knew I looked like Grinch) He blinked a little almost stunned and then broke out into a smile of his own.

'Why thank you. You don't know how much that means to me' i said, beaming

'What can I say? I am such a nice guy.' he said, grinning.

I smirked along with him at the irony of it all. He knew he was anything but. That didn't stop him from trying. I was about to open my mouth and throw a smartass comment at him when the door opened, a very Happy Amanda emerging from behind it. Our playful banter vanished and Adrians hands tightened around me. I shot him a worried glance and then looked back at Amanda who had yet to acknowledge us.

'Guys! you won't believe what -'

Amanda never got to complete her sentence, she was too shocked. I shot her a confused look when her expression took a turn from dumbstruck and turned to scandalised. 

'What the hell is going on!?' Amanda screeched

I followed her eyes, hoping to see what was the cause for her dramatic remark. And guess where it landed? I slowly took us over. I had my hands fisted in his hair, his hands crushing our bodies together, me almost sitting in his lap and not to mention oudisheveled looks from playing pillow fight posed as if we just had a very hot, very intense make out session.To say that we were in a compromising position was putting it lightly.

What I didn't get, decpite all the drama, was why in the world did it bother Amanda more than it bothered me? 

__________________________________________________________________________________

And cliffhanger!! 

LoL i HAVEN'T DONE ONE OF THOSE IN SUCH A LONG TIME!!!

....that was all in caps wasn't it? oh well, I am too laxy to type it again, Deal with it :_D

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN

FACEBOOK LIKE

AND TWEET!