Chapter 6-"The Adventures Of Adrian Parker"

Hey-o!

What's crackalackin homie's? Yes, you've guessed it. I m still not over the whole gangsta' phase as I like to call it :-P Its been... oh hell, its been so long I don't even remeber how long o.O LOL

Moving on,

I have decided to be more regular, As much as I can, I have said this before a 100 times and this is probably the 101st that I have been a hella busy this year and I am sure that It won't get better the year after. I thought that, you know, Maybe I should just stop for an year or two and then continue with new books but somehow, It doesn't feel right to abandon something I've put so much of work into.

And vola! here I am. I'll be continueing BOTH my stories. Yes, both. To anyone who knows about  'Music turns me on...' (my first work) I'll be posting that soon. Hopefully tomorrow.

this was actually ment to be an author's note but I turned it into a chapter:-P I am just that nice xD

Enjoy!

_______________________________________________________________________________

CHAPTER 6-

"The Adventures Of Adrian Parker"

Don't do it Aiden.

Don't even think about it!

It won't help him and it certainly wouldn't help you. Give.It.Up.

I am currently being persuaded by my so called devil of a conscience to stay put on my side of the couch and not move an inch. The sensible (partly selfish) side is trying  to protect me from making a fool of myself more than I had already accomplished today. Overruling your heart could be such a feat, I wasn't aware.

I usually go with my brain, my thought over, well processed actions. Somehow, today didn't seem like any normal day where I'd think twice (ten into twice!) before even lifting a finger. I was planning on helping my friend when my unwanted thought process kicked in and I would do so even if it's totally loony of me. Probably a millennium apart from my usual reaction of punching his arm and saying very rudely, may I add, to 'Grow a pair and be a man for a change.'

I never was one to offer my condolence and sympathy to just about anyone.

I lifted my arms, forming a huge enough circle to fit an exercise ball in all the while focusing on tuning out the continuous wrong coax going on inside my head. (Lord knows what only happens in there)

Finally working up the courage that was required, I slowly approached my doom. Here goes nothing, I muttered as I embraced what I am sure of will be the final moment of my short lived life with my dignity intact. (I am really over doing myself here) In that exact moment,

I embraced instinct,

I embraced my demise

I embraced Adrian. Literally.

Wrapping my arms around his neck, the part that was visible and not hidden by his collar or his overgrown brown hair that were in a serious need of a haircut, I pulled his body towards mine. Placing his head on the crook of my neck while gently moving my finger through his locks (more like dreadlocks) It was the best source of comfort I could come up with in the small amount of time I had.  If that isn't quick thinking, I don't know what is.

It doesn't matter that Adrian is still very much in shock and refuses to hug back which is quite mean of him but I think I lost the right to complain after I treated him oh so insensitively so many times when he needed my assurance. That was always Amanda's forte. She was the one who gently turned up his mood, made him confident in himself again, took him on walks to talk him out of his insecurities while I simply applied that time was all he needed to get over his tantrums and just tagged along, blasting my I-pod.