Chapter Thirty: Costumes

Keegan's POV

"Congratulations babe!" Melissa ran up to me from the stands and I didn't think my smile could widen anymore than it already had. Our game against the Sanctum Salamanders had just ended and we won!

Finals, here we come!

I couldn't wait until she was in my arms, every second I had to wait felt like a year. She jumped into my arms and I spun her around as she wrapped her legs around my torso. She let out a giggle and held onto me tighter. I took a moment to appreciate her presence.

"Thanks baby." I smothered her face with kisses as she shrieked, a slight blush appeared on her face and she looked so damn cute.

I propped her back on her feet and she grinned at me. "I'm so proud of you Keegan." My heart melted at her words. "Now I can tell everyone that I have one hot boyfriend, who's amazing at soccer." She wrapped her arms around my neck, and I smirked whilst pulling her closer to my body.

"Hot, huh?" I teased, slipping my hand in the back pocket of her jeans. Melissa shoved my shoulder and I eagerly pressed my lips against hers to shut her up, just as she was about to say something.

She pulled away, caught off guard and my hands fell out of her pockets. I smiled and was on the verge of laughing as I waited for her reaction. "You're an asshole."

"But a hot asshole, right babe?" I winked and watched as she shook her head, my smile dropped. "You better take that back." I crossed my arms, over exaggeratedly.

"And what if I don't?" She asked playfully and I noticed that she was slowly backing away.

"Then I'll have to make you." I lunged for her and she ran off with a squeal. She was weirdly talented at dodging people, making me laugh. She's a weird one but I love her.

I caught up to her and instantly engulfed her in a hug. I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her into my chest as she giggled. "You should know better than to run off on me." I whispered in her ear and gave her temple a kiss.

"God, get a room you two!" Our heads whipped towards the voice to see Taylor and Harry staring at us. "And I thought we were bad." Taylor laughed and I watched as a faint blush kept onto Melissa's cheeks.

"Hey guys. Harry! You did great out there." Melissa congratulated as I snaked my arm around her waist.

"Oh, thanks Melissa." Harry turned to me. "Wow, your girlfriend's just full of compliments. All Tay did was give me a peck." He frowned in disappointment and I chuckled.

"Yeah. I'm one lucky boy, aren't I?" I locked eyes with Melissa's glistening brown orbs and sent her a heartwarming smile. She pecked my lips and the taste of her lipgloss lingered in my mouth.

"Okay, we get it. You two are perfect for each other, no need to prove it to us." Taylor joked. "You guys are going to the Halloween party, right?" We both nodded and Melissa smirked at me. I knew what she was thinking about, and as time got closer, the more anxious I became even though it was my idea.

The Halloween costumes.

She could choose an embarrassing costume, for all I know. I just hoped that she was in a nice mood today. Regardless of that, I know it'd be fun either way. Just as long as I'm with her.

"Yes!" Taylor cheered in excitement. "We'll pick you up in two hours. A girl needs sometime to look her best."

"Babe, you don't need two hours. You look gorgeous the way you are." Harry smiled and Taylor's eyes lit up.

"Aw cutie." They began kissing and I shielded my eyes, scared that it'd turn into a makeout session. "Keegan, you can open your eyes now." She directed amused.