Chapter Twenty-three: Surprise

Melissa's POV

"Penny for your thoughts babe?" Keegan questioned and pulled me into his chest as he traced circles on my arm. My heart instantly melted as he called me 'babe'.

I was still not used to this.

Not used to being able to cuddle him, kiss him and call him mine.

My fingers played with the pendent on my necklace as we laid in bed together. I hadn't taken the necklace off ever since he gave it to me, because I loved it that much.

"You know what?" I looked up at him to see that he was already looking down at me with a sparkle in his eyes. "I'll give it to you for free." He chuckled, making his chest vibrate whilst he kissed my forehead. "I'm thinking about how happy I am right now."

A huge smile spread on his face, flashing me a boyish grin. "I'll let you in on a little secret." I raised my eyebrows in curiosity as he leaned in towards my ear. "I feel like the luckiest boy on earth with you by my side." He's such a cutie. I blushed at his words as my heart fluttered uncontrollably. "I just want to grab your face... and kiss you endlessly. I wanna run my hands all over your body and hear your giggle."

I sent him a sweet smile before sliding my hands up his cheeks to plant multiple pecks on his lips, making him smile brightly. His adorable smile was infectious. "I think I need a few more." He smirked and tapped his lips.

"Nope! Sorry, you gotta earn it babe!" I slipped out of bed and wobbled over to the bathroom dizzily, as the blood rushed to my head.

"Not so fast Sunshine." Keegan said playfully and threw me over his shoulders.

I let out a squeal. "Let me gooo! Let me goooo!" I sung in tune of Let It Go which got him cracking up.

"What the fuck? You're such a weirdo." He laughed and placed me back down on the bed.

"But you love me anyway." I teased playful.

He sighed. "Unfortunately I do." My mouth formed an 'o' shape and I shoved his shoulder even though I knew he was joking.

"Hey!" I exclaimed as he laughed. "You're so mean!" I whined.

Keegan flopped on top of me with his naked chest and dug his head in the crook of my neck. "I love you." His voice was muffled but I understood him. I was so close to saying it back but I couldn't at this very moment, I felt bad but I hoped that my kisses would compensate for it.

I lifted up his head and kissed him slowly. I felt the edges of his lips curl up into a smile as he ran a hand down body and gripped my thigh, making me shiver slightly. Our kisses were slow and gentle, and I loved every second of it. We pulled away for air and pressed our foreheads against each other.

He makes me feel so happy.

"I will never get sick of kissing you." I felt my cheeks blush deepen. "Have I ever mentioned how fucking hot you look in my shirt?" I shook my head. Right now I was in his Adidas t-shirt, and no we didn't have sex if you were thinking that.

"Should we get ready to go out for breakfast?" I asked with a huge smile on my face.

"We should." He pushed himself off me and extended a hand for me to grab. He helped me up and we walked into my bathroom together. "Do you feel as though a first date is necessary?" He questioned smoothly.

I looked at him and gulped in nervousness, I couldn't help it. "Um, well in our case no." I put my arms around his neck as he placed his hands on my waist, and pulled me close. "Do you know what I mean? Like-"

"-you feel as though we already have a strong connection and a date wouldn't really matter but it'd just be nice to dress up?" He cocked an eyebrow unsure if had said the right words but my mouth had already dropped to the floor.