Chapter Twenty-two: Perfect

Keegan's POV

I can't even explain how happy I feel right now. Words simply don't have the capacity the convey what I'm feeling. The fact that she agreed to go on a date with me, meant the world to be. But hearing her tell me that she likes me back, meant every-fucking-thing to me.

I almost chickened out like the pussy I am, but I took the 4 hours away from her to build up confidence. All the prior worry and anxiety before telling her was all worth it. The feeling of having and loving everything I've ever wanted, made everything worth wild.

I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat.

"Morning gorgeous. Did you sleep well babe?" I hooked my arm around her neck to give her forehead a kiss with a huge smile planted on my face.

I can't believe she's mine.

Melissa Delvasco is mine.

All mine.

"Already calling me babe, huh?" She smiled, tilting her head up to look into my eyes. "We haven't even gone on a date yet."

"Melissa!" A female voice yelled, followed by footsteps which progressively got louder.

I watched as Melissa's eyes widened, making her pull away from my body and slip out of bed. "Shit. You have to go." I nodded, understanding that it wouldn't be the situation if someone were to walk in right now. I scooped my things into my arms as she unlocked her window. "Quickly."

I stopped in my tracks and pouted. "I want a kiss." She grabbed my face to connect our lips but pulled away before I could respond, teasing me with unsatisfactory.

It's safe to say that I was already addicted to her lips.

"We don't have time. You'll get a better kiss later." She sent me a cheeky smile.

"God, you're so beautiful. I love you." A smile grew on her face and I loved knowing that it was because of me.

"See you later. She's coming!" She ushered me out the window, I stole one more kiss from her before climbing down the tree just as the door opened. Once I touched the ground, I threw my shirt back on and hopped onto my motorbike, making my way back home.

There was a good chance that I was gonna get caught either way, but I thought I'd enter from the back to be more discrete. "Keegan! Where have you been?" I froze on the spot as Mum screamed with a whisk in her hand, clearly unimpressed.

I cracked a wide smile, feeling way too happy for any negativity to affect me. "I asked Melissa on a date." I just came out with it. Quick like a bandaid.

I'd tell the whole world about how fucking lucky I am to land someone as amazing as Melissa if it were possible.

The whisk instantly fell out of her grasp and landed on the floor as her jaw dropped. "Oh my god honey. I'm so excited for you, no wonder you look so happy!" She opened her arms to enclose me in a tight hug.

"I'm in love with her." I waited in anticipation for her reaction, she let out a loud squeal.

"Oh Keegan! Gosh, you used to be my little baby boy and look at you now. Getting an amazing girlfriend who you love!" She paused, clutching her mouth as she teared up.

"Mum, don't cry."

"I'm just so happy for you honey! I definitely approve of Melissa. She's perfect for you, anyone could see that." She gathered herself together with a grin and kissed my cheek.

"I heard squealing, is everything okay here?" Dad popped around the corner with Charlie lingering behind him.

"Baby, you'll never believe it. Keegan asked Melissa on a date!"