Chapter Eighteen: Stars

Keegan's POV

I took a deep breath and ran my fingers roughly through my hair as I stood in front of Melissa's house. I feel like a fucking dick for snapping at her yesterday, but when she talked about the almost kiss as if it was insignificant to her. I just couldn't control myself. Like I expected, she's been avoiding me ever since and it's been killing me.

I was never really good with apologises, but I knew I had to.

The door opened just as I was about to knock, revealing Vanessa's cheerful face. "Oh, hi Keegan! I thought I heard a car pull up." She greeted with a smile as she wiped her hands with tea towel. "Come in, come in!" She ushered.

"Hey, um is Melissa here?" I questioned and scratched the back of my neck awkwardly.

"Yep! She's just in her room, you're welcome to go through." She guided me towards the stairs.

"Thank you Vanessa." I smiled and hopped upstairs to Melissa's bedroom. Her adorable giggle filled my ears and I smiled to myself at the sound of it.

"Malcolm! Shut up! I do not!" Melissa shrieked as I approached her door which was slightly open. Malcolm's here? My fists instantly clenched at the thought of him. He's in love with her and she hasn't go the slightest clue.

"Seriously? Don't pull the compliment card on me." Melissa laughed. I quietly swung the door to see her laying on her bed, stomach first on the phone to Malcolm and on her Macbook. I gulped at how amazing her ass looked in the black Nike shorts she was wearing. She wore a black tank top that hugged her curves perfectly and rode up slightly, exposing a line of skin.

"Ugh, hang on." She told Malcolm. "Corey, I swear to fucking god. Get out of my r-" Her eyes landed on me and she froze. "Um, I'm gonna have to call you back. No, everything's fine. Love you too, bye." Melissa hung up and sat up on her bed.

"Hey Sunshine. Can I come in?" I asked and she sighed. I took that as a yes, and saw myself in. I spotted the flowers I gave her on the awards night still looking fresh and healthy in a vase on her desk. I smiled at the sight of them.

"What are you doing here?" She stared at me with a frown whilst pulling her sheets on top of her lap, covering her legs.

"I came to apologise. Look. Melissa, I'm sorry for getting angry at you." I was pissed and hated the fact that you didn't want to kiss me as badly as I wanted to. "I was a jerk, and had no right to treat you the way I did."

Melissa bit the inside of her cheek and looked at me as if she was trying to read me. "Tell me one thing." I raised my eyebrows in curiosity and sat on her bed. "Why were you even angry in the first place? What did I do?" She asked, believing that it was her fault.

I felt bad, extremely bad. "No." I shook my head and reached out for her hand. I held it in mine tightly and could feel her touch affecting me. "It wasn't your fault at all, please don't think it was." I took a breath and stared into her warm brown eyes, it instantly relaxed me. "I just snapped for no reason." I lied. "And I'm sorry for it."

"So it had nothing to do with us discussing the kiss?" Yes.

I closed my eyes and bit my lip, to conceal everything. "N-Nope." I forced a small smile as she looked relieved.

"Okay, I forgive you." She smiled, making me smile.

"Really?" I questioned, a grin forming on my face.

"Yeah, don't make me change my mind." I chuckled, happy that she forgave me.

I grabbed onto her wrists and pulled her towards me. "Come on, give me a hug. An apology is always completed with a hug." I informed her with a smirk, but really, it was just an excuse.