Chapter Twenty: California

Keegan's POV

"Happy birthday Charlie!" Everyone cheered in their pajamas as he entered the kitchen with his favourite toy stuffed under his armpit.

He smiled shyly. "Thanks. When is it present time?" He questioned, making everyone laugh.

"When we have dinner at the fancy restaurant, alright sweetie?" He nodded. "Everyone eat some breakfast then get ready, we'll be leaving for Disneyland in about an hour so eat up." Everyone gathered around the dining table, transferring some eggs, bacon and toast onto their plates.

"Put a shirt on." Corey leaned over and whispered in my ear. "Melissa's a bit distracted." He winked and I smirked, catching her staring at me with flushed cheeks.

I've fallen in love with her.

It was as if I fell into a hole and couldn't get out. It was too late until I realised I was fucked. Fucked because I've just set myself up for a sequence of events that'll either make or break me.

She's the only thing I can think about and it tortures me every single second starting from the time I open my eyes, to the time they close. Basically 24-fucking-7.

Words simply don't have the capability to express how much she means to me and how freaking bad I want her. So bad to the point where I can't even look at her without my stupid heart fluttering.

There's no doubt that she's my weakness, but she has no clue with that oblivious brain of hers. She jokingly tested me yesterday, clearly not knowing how difficult it was for me. You don't understand how much self control it took not to grab her fucking face and kiss her on the fucking lips.

It pisses me off that she possesses complete control over me, whilst I'm here powerless.

Fuck unrequited love.

I shook my head, getting way into my thoughts. "You're already turning into an old man." I heard Melissa joke in the kitchen as she put her plate in the sink. She gasped over exaggeratedly. "Is that a wrinkle I see?"

Charlie's hands instantly flew up to cover his forehead, I chuckled and took a mouth full of eggs. "I'm not an old man!"

"Stop traumatising the kid." I strolled into the kitchen with a smirk as her eyes struggled to meet mine, distracted by my chest.

"Keeks! Melissa's being mean!" Charlie grabbed onto my arm and shook it.

I squatted to his height and ruffled his hair. "It's okay Charlie. She's only being mean because she knows that you're going to follow in the footsteps of your amazing brother, who she finds irresistibly attractive."

She instantly scoffed, crossing her arms. "I do not!"

I looked up and flashed Melissa a grin before meeting Charlie's eyes again. "And that baby brother, is called denial."

Melissa growled. "You're so full of yourself."

"Let's make a deal. If by the end of the day I make you admit that you find me irresistibly attractive, I win. If not, you win." I stood up, watching as a cocky smile spread on her lips.

"Deal. Get ready to lose." She said confidently.

I grinned, knowing that she's going to be the one losing. Being hot had it's pros. "Just don't blush too hard Sunshine." I kissed her cheek, pulling away to see her cheeks a slight rosy shade of red.

At least I had some kind of ability over her.

"Ugh! Y-you can't do that!" She smacked my arm, trying to disguise her embarrassment but it just made it more obvious.