Chapter Six: Family

Keegan's POV

"Hi Keegan." I felt a tiny finger poked my shoulder. I groaned not paying attention to the person and continued sleeping. "Hello!" The person screeched, there was no way I could sleep through that. My eyes snapped open to Charlie giving me a toothy grin. "Hi!" He waved. He knows that I hate when he wakes me up.

Charlie's my little brother. He is five years old and is definitely a mummy's boy. He just began school this year and is loving it so far, his only five but is already a hit with the ladies. He is such a goof ball but is actually pretty mature despite his young age, you'd be surprised. Even though he wakes me up early in the morning on purpose, I still love him.

"You did that on purpose." I gave him a flat look as he began giggling. "You're gonna pay for that young man. Anyways, what brings you hear today?" I asked and bent down to give him a hug. Yes, I actually got out of bed just to hug him. I felt his tiny hands on my back as I tighten my grip on him.

I let go of him and remained squatted waiting for him to answer me. "We're going to the park!" He exclaimed excitedly. He was always a sucker for the park, even when he tries to act cool.

"Oh, make sure girls don't find out about that. Girls don't like boys that love the park." I joked but he actually nodded as if he was taking it on board.

"Thanks for the tip Keeks." He grinned as I ruffled his hair.

"No problem Charles." I smirked.

He immediately huffed and puffed in frustration. "I hate that name! Stop calling me that!" Charlie whinged. "You own me ice cream now!"

"Ice cream? But what did I do?" I chuckled and pretended to act clueless.

"You called me Charles! Now you have to buy me chocolate ice cream at the park!" She smiled at the thought of ice cream.

"Alright cheeky boy, I'll get you ice cream at the park." I gave in but who wouldn't? He was so adorable, it made me happy seeing him happy.

"Yay! I'm going to tell Dad that you're getting me ice cream!" He ran out my room with his tiny arms wailing in the air in excitement. "Keeks is getting me chocolate ice cream Dad!" I heard him yell from a distance. Dad appeared at my door as he threw Charlie up in the air and he giggled.

"This little man is already blackmailing you into buying him ice cream huh?" Dad chuckled. "You better get ready, you don't want to keep your brother waiting." I gave him a salute. "Oh, and Keegan, put a shirt on. You make me feel out of shape." I laughed amused, my Dad never failed to crack me up.

"You got it dad!" I always slept without a shirt. I walked over to my wardrobe to pick out clothes to wear. Charlie and Dad left my bedroom and I could hear their voice getting softer and softer. I went for a black v-neck top, tan shorts and my black Nike Roshe.

If you're wondering what happened yesterday, I explained everything to my parents. They were actually pretty understanding and didn't get mad. And I love them for that. I ended up cleaning the mess which I guess is fair since I started it. For some reason, Mum seemed a bit too happy that Melissa was there. Something was definitely up. Anyways, Melissa finished her shower and had a few minutes to spare before Corey got here, we said our goodbyes and she left.

I thoroughly brushed my teeth so that they were sparkling clean, got changed and fixed my hair. It was at least 30 minutes since I woke up and I was hungry as fuck. I hopped down the stairs in a happy mood and greeted the family. "Hurry up Keeks! You're so slow, Mum tell him to hurry up!" Charlie complained.

I ruffled his hair. "I've gotta eat first okay?" He nodded his head impatiently. "Feels nice to wake up to a family." I hate being in the house alone. I opened the cereal cupboard and grabbed the Coco Pops, I know they're unhealthy but they're so good.