Chapter Fourteen: Competition

Keegan's POV

"How's Melissa?" Harry teased as he helped me with my bench presses. The boys and I were currently completing our weekly gym session at 6:30 in the morning.

I took a deep breath out and extended my arms. "What do you mean?" I gave him a quick side glance and focused on pacing my breathing.

"Don't talk bullshit with me Keegan. It's sooo obvious that you like her." He crossed his arms smugly.

There was no point in lying. "So what if I do?" I questioned calmly, feeling a bead of sweat run down my face as my arms shook slightly. I cheered myself on in my head. You can do this, get to 200.

"Wow, that was easier than I thought." Harry laughed.

"He's so into her. Look at him." Ethan joined as he had just finished his set of push ups and moved onto his sit ups. "So how do you feel about the fact that you have strong competition?"

"Guys, this isn't relationship counselling." I sighed as slotted the bar back into place and sat up. I grabbed my bottle and took a big chug of water.

"Relationship, eyyy?" Joe nudged and I rolled my eyes in return.

"Fuck, you know what I mean." I said as they all gathered around. It looked like we were having a fucking mother's club in the gym full of buff blokes.

"No, no I don't think we know what you mean." Ethan wriggled his eyebrows. "Care to explain it too us Keegan?"

I gave him a flat look. "Ah, stop being such dicks!" I stood up and grabbed my bag from the floor. "Coming?"

"I'm with you." Ethan dabbed his face with his towel to get rid of his sweat.

"I think I'm gonna hang back, I need to get rid of a few extra donuts. Oops." Joe informed, making us chuckle.

"Same, it doesn't hurt to get a few extra minutes. See you boys at school." Harry added and we exchanged handshakes.

"Alright, catch you later." I waved as we scanned our cards and exited the gym. We go to the gym so often that we have a membership. I don't know about you but I think that's an achievement. "Melissa's at mine by the way."

Ethan raised his eyebrows and we hopped in the car. I put my car in ignition and reserved out of the car park. "You had a little movie night with her, huh? I saw your snapchats." He winked.

"She was just helping me babysit Charlie, and fell asleep when we were watching Cars." I explained to him but he still had that smug look on his face.

"Mhmm." He nodded his head, taking in my clarification. "Oh, shit. This is my shit." He turned up the volume of the radio as Loyal by Chris Brown played through the speakers. "I wasn't born last night. I know these hoes ain't right." Ethan began singing and dancing.

It only felt right to join him. I laughed as we got really into the song and were dancing as if we were at a party. He sucks at dancing, to put it nicely. "And that's how you get all the girls." He joked and nudged me as I turned onto my street.

"Yeah. I'm sure all the girls would want me after seeing that." I replied sarcastically which got me a slap on the arm.

"Hey man, be nice! It's not my fault I got given two left feet!" He exclaimed, making me burst into a fit of laughter.

"Aw." I gave him an encouraging pat on the shoulder. "You'll survive." He grumbled and I pulled into my driveway.

"Don't make me tell Melissa about your little confession." Ethan announced as we walked to the front door.