Chapter Twenty-five: Downhill

Melissa's POV

I opened my eyes and yawned whilst stretching my body. I looked around at my surroundings and realised that I was on Keegan's couch. That's weird.

Everything about Malcolm came rushing back. How can he love me? I was honestly so shocked, and still am shocked. I sat up and looked around for a clock, it was 5:26pm. Shit, what have I been doing? It was quiet but I could make out faint voices coming from upstairs. I walked up the stairs one-by-one until I reached the top where the voices became more clear and loud.

"What are you doing here?"

"I'm here so we can do something you've always wanted."

It was Keegan and a girl, I stopped in front of his slightly opened door and listened curiously. I took a peak, but couldn't see anything so I pushed the door wider and a crystal clear image was in sight. My heart immediately dropped and a tight knot formed in my stomach. No, no, no! This can't be happening. I shut the door almost instantaneously, and it banged onto the door frame with a loud thud.

Shit. This was the last thing I had ever expected, saying I was caught off guard would be a huge understatement.

"GET THE FUCK OFF ME!" Keegan screamed. I walked away in a rush, needing to get far away as possible.

Keegan was making out with another girl on his bed. His shirt was off and she was wearing red lingerie, undoubtedly looking hot.

Her hands trailed down the chest of my man. Her body was pressed against her body of my man. Her lips were connect with the lips of my man. How could I be such an idiot?

"Melissa?" Keegan called. "MELISSA!" He ran in front of me, stopping me in my tracks.

I felt humiliated. Totally and utterly humiliated.

My fists clenched and un-clenched, anger boiling within me. At this point, I didn't know if I was more heartbroken or angry. "No, no, ugh! Melissa, baby. It wasn't what it looked like, I can explain!" He took a step closer, reaching to comfort me but I flinched, tears gathering in my eyes. "Fuck, don't cry! Just listen to me please! I love you!"

A hand gripped my arm, pulling me back and I winced as long nails dug into my skin. "You bitch!" My eyes couldn't believe who I saw. Samantha? You've got to be kidding me. You've got to be fucking kidding me. I blinked, glaring at her ferocious expression. "Do you really think you're good for him?" She let out a laugh. "Honey, he's using you. He's mine and always has been. You're just a piece of shit that he's enjoyed toying w-"

Unable to control myself anymore, my hand whipped across her face sending a loud echo throughout the house. I huffed angrily and turned around, uninterested in her reaction. I just wanted to get the hell out of here. I ran down the stairs towards the door in a hurry.

"Melissa, wait! Don't go! Let me explain! Please!" I was hit with the fresh crisp air, I stopped and put my hands on my knees. Panting.

It felt like someone had just ripped out my heart out with their bare hands and stepped on it as if it was a piece of unwanted gum, left on the pavement.

I couldn't fucking breathe.

"Melissa!" He got a tight hold on my wrist, causing me to stop and face him.

I shoved myself roughly out of his grasp. "How could you do that to me? And with her. Her!" Tears blurred my vision as my chest heaved up and down.

"I didn't cheat on you! It wasn't what it looked like. Just give me a moment to explain." He pleaded. "I'm sorry. She ju-"

"No! Don't! I thought you loved me Keegan, I thought you fucking loved me!" I screamed him in agony as a tear streamed down my cheek. "If you were planning to lead me on in the first place, you should have just said so, instead of breaking my heart!" I could no longer hold back my tears.