Chapter One: Fall

Melissa's POV

"Lissa, Lissa! LISSA!" Melanie nudged my arm with strength to get me to wake up. And let me tell you, it was hard. Ah, I hate when people disturb my sleep.

"Ow! Fuck, quit it." I said lazily. My face felt sore, where was I? I opened my eyes to see an angry Mr. White, his face definitely wasn't white anymore. More like a reddish, whitish shade. He looked ridiculous, like a rotten tomato.

"Third week of school, that's a record. DETENTION! See me after class Miss Delvasco!" Mr. White yelled as he went back to his front desk. I heard chuckles and snickers from around the classroom. A quiet giggle escaped Melanie's mouth, I gave her a death stare. How embarrassing.

For the rest of the class, I continued to direct my groans and whinges to Melanie. How does she put up with me? Man I love her. I finally went back to my normal self just in time for lunch. Boy, was I looking forward to eating lunch, anything to get away from Mr. Fucking White.

*DING DING DING*

Fuck yeah! I'm so glad to hear that bell. Melanie held onto my arm as she dragged me out of the classroom.

"Quickly!" She said, looking around cautiously while moving swiftly.

"Stop right there Miss Delvasco!" Shit.

Melanie giggled. "Unlucky, see ya at the table loser." She gave me a quick hug and waved with a cheeky grin on her face. I flipped her the rude finger.

I turned back into the classroom and stood in front of Mr. White's desk. He closed the screen of his laptop as I approached him. I bet he was watching porn or some shit. "Miss Delvasco, you are to attend detention located in G10 after school tomorrow." He passed me a piece of paper. What did I do other than have a harmless nap during class? I can't attend detention, I have a perfect record!

"Um, Mr. White I don't understand what I did wrong." I politely interrupted. Who does he think he is giving me a detention? He can go shove his detention up his hairy ass.

He cleared his throat. "If you don't recall Miss Delvasco, you were sleeping in class and you did not do any of the work. You're a good student so you're lucky I let you lack off." Lucky? My ass. "Anyways, for some good news. You got 98% on the English exam, good work." He gave me a huge smile. Ew, I hope he never does that again. I can see his yellow stained teeth, probably from drinking too much coffee.

The news of my grade lifted up my mood silently but I really didn't want to go to that detention. There would be students there that intimidate the fuck out of me. "Do I have to go to detention? Please Mr. I'll do anything." I pleaded. It would ruin my record and in all honesty, I couldn't be fucked. I have TV show commitments! It's a new episode of Pretty Little Liars tomorrow!

"Yes. No ifs, buts or maybes. See you later Miss Delvasco." I stared at him speechless as he returned to his laptop. I exited the room pissed off. I officially hate Mr. White. Everyone was walking off with their group of friends as I walked to my locker. People kept walking slow, stopping in front of me and cutting me off. This was so fucking annoying, I just wanted to get my locker and join my friends.

A soccer ball got kicked my way and as I was walking fast, I tried to dodge it but instead I tripped over someone's book. Who plays soccer indoors and why do people leave their books on the fucking floor? People these days. I tried to keep my balance so I probably looked like some crazy chick hopping on one leg. I regained my balance. Good one! Yes Melissa! But that didn't last long once some asshole shut his locker and stepped back roughly, knocking me over.

"AHHHHHHH!" I screamed as I fell back. Oh my god, this isn't gonna end well. I'm gonna break my leg or fracture my spine and end up in hospitals for weeks, even worse I could have a really bad fall and go unconscious and stay in a coma for months or something. I'm too young to die! My books flew in the air as I almost hit the ground. I could hear loud gasps as I got closer to the ground. Suddenly, I felt strong arms support my waist.