Chapter Eight: Hug

Keegan's POV

I looked at myself in the mirror as I put on my school uniform. I wrapped the tie around my neck and began tying it up but decided to keep it loose, all the girls love that. I sprayed my Ralph Lauren cologne, grabbed my school bag, making sure everything I needed was in there and made my way downstairs.

Mum looked at me with a frown which instantly caught my attention. "Honey, Vanessa just called. Do you mind picking up Melissa for school?" I nodded without hesitation. "I'll be meeting with Vanessa today. In the mean time make sure that Melissa's alright. I'm worried about them." I walked over and gave her a hug.

It's crazy how close we've grown to their family, all within one night. Flashes of how annoyingly hot and sexy Melissa looked last night, ran through my mind. I almost fucking lost it once our eyes met. The urge I got to run my hands through her soft hair, and the tingles I got whenever she were to brush slightly against me, was all to overwhelming.

"They'll be okay." I assured her and she forced a smile. My mind couldn't help but focus on Melissa, I couldn't stand hanging around any longer and made a decision to pick her up now. "I'm gonna go pick her up." Mum nodded and didn't question it.

I hopped in my car and started up the engine straight away. I wanted to get there as soon as possible. I hummed to the radio and tapped my fingers onto the stirring wheel to the beat of the music impatiently. "Hurry the fuck up!" I yelled in my car.

I pulled up into their driveway and jogged up to the front door, then took a second to run my hands through my hair before knocking. I didn't have to wait long until it clicked open.

"Oh, hey Keegan." Corey greeted blankly and shut the door behind me. Vanessa and Peter no where in sight. "Melissa's room is the one to the left, I'm not gonna tell you what happened but she's not taking it well." He explained tensely.

I looked at him in worry. "You okay man?" He nodded hesitantly. I gave him a solid pat on the arm and continued up the stairs. I gently knocked on her door and stood there patiently, but there was no answer so I knocked again. "Hey Sunshine, it's me." I waited for an answer but I didn't get one.

I could have walked away but I manned up and twisted the door nob. Melissa sat there on her window couch, still in her pajamas and stared out into the view of the streets. Her head slowly turned and I could tell that her eyes were red, puffy and swollen from crying. Seeing her upset made my heart drop.

My breath hitched in my throat as I approached her. I had to make her feel better. "W-what are you doing here?" She stuttered in a vulnerable tone. I could tell that tears threatened to drop down her face.

"Your Mum wanted me to pick you up for school. Are you okay?" God, that was a stupid question. Of course she wasn't! Tears swelled up in her eyes and a tear rolled down her cheek. I unconsciously sat next to her and cupped her chin, forcing her to look into my eyes. I had to ignore the sudden nervousness I got around her. I gently pushed her hair out of her face and wiped her tear with my thumb. Wow Keegan, you got some balls.

She froze in shock at my actions. "Hey. It's okay." I comforted her. She sniffed, I think a sob was coming on but I was prepared for it. I pulled her into my chest and stroked her hair to calm her down. Wow, her hair is so soft. Even more softer than I had imagined. Melissa broke out crying and shaking as she grabbed onto my shirt for comfort.

I hated to see her cry.

We remained in this position for a while as her crying settled down. "Do you want to go to school?" I quietly asked as I pulled her away from me so that I could see her face. She nodded, I admire her strength. I swear, who ever did this to her is going to be dead.