Chapter 17 Rabid

"So, Miss Erin, now that we are acquainted with, tell me where I can find Crystal...please?"

I looked at Leo's completely serious look. "Crystal? Who's Crystal?" The entire clan of bodyguards seemed to stiffen and sigh at my response.

"Who is Crystal?" Leo whispered with a weak grin. He swayed for a moment and then he collasped onto his back. "Who is Crystal? Everen," he grasped the ankle of the person standing next to him. "Tell me she did not just-."

Everen sighed and nodded. "Leo, with or without her guidence, we must keep moving. We tracked him this far."

I jolted up and looked into Leo's upside down eyes. "I'm coming with you!"

Leo froze and then flipped around. He put his hand around my neck and pulled me close to him. "You really think you should be around a bunch of Vellies?" His voice came out hoarse and full of pain.

"Vellies?" I looked at Everen and then the rest of the boys behined him. "What does that mean?"

Everen bent down and picked me up and cradled me gently. "It means we are outcasts of our home. We wronged someone high in power and we were banished. It means something serious if someone is seen near us."

I shook my head. "Everyone is heading toward that tomb. I have to be there! Everything of the past week has only hinted toward this! Let me go with you."

Leo stood up and grabbed with knife. "It'll be dangerous, but none of us can stop you from coming with us."

I nodded and flicked my tail. "First stop we need to make is to a small house. That is the first step."

The door to the house was torn from its hinges.

All the boarded up windows were smashed in from the outside. The floors were scratched up by something long and sharp. Worst of all, there were no signs of life anywhere.

I jolted out of Everen's bag and dashed through the hallways and into the one room I've been reviewing in my head over and over agian. "Rayne!"

I turned the corner into the room and slid into a pool of cold water. The room was the worst out of the house. It was everything, but calm. The wallpaper was torn worse, the floor was torn up, and the windows were completely defiled by claw marks. Gunther was here when they took her.

At the window, I saw no traces of the slightest bit of life anywhere in the backyard. "Gunther!"

The silent echo of my long yowl was rolled off of every surface going down the alleyways, but nothing dared to answer back. It was very clear....Gunther was gone.

Even searching the areas near the house, all the rooms of the house, and the alleyways, it was clear the worst case happened.

There was no excuse for that. There is no excuse for kidnapping, killing, or for speaking false words. I have been lied to and it cost me my two close friends, my home, and my willpower.

"From now on, I will only use my willpower to hunt you down and make you suffer!" I clawed the door frame. "Gunther is dead because of you and I no longer have a home. My innocent living in this city is gone. I am now officially involved."

Later, after me and the Vellies left the house, we pasted two streets and, right as we were about to pass the third, Everen and Leo discovered something fresh  in a dumpster behined its apartment complex...

The fire in his eyes did not fill me with sorrow, but with determination. He wouldn't stand down. Oh no... They treated him like trash, so I will treat them like scraps... and feed them to the dogs.