Chapter 24 Eye Through Eye

A chilling touch started at my front paw.

One lazy eye opened and then another to stare at my paw.

Something was strange about this. I was following Rionar, but now I'm in a...room?

I have been here before...yes yes...this is that room.

I stood up and tried to jolt forward, but I was stuck in place. Nothing I ordered to do happened. I tried to blink even and I couldn't.

I'm not in control of my body. "What's happening?!"

Even my mouth didn't move. My non-spoken words echoed through my mind.

This has to be a dream!

"This is no dream."

I perked up and spoke agian only to find my words empty.

In front of me, a woman with grey hair knelt at the opening of the small area I was in. What ever creature I was with moved forward and hissed angrily.

"Oh dear," the woman whispered timidly while standing up. "It seems Lya is a bit grouchy today."

"This is not a dream," a small voice whispered.

With my single shot view, I looked foward and tried to find out where the voice came from. Thing was nothing out of the small box area spoke. Where are you?

The old woman stooped down again, only tthis time she picked me...or not me, up.

Her features were wrinkley and her eyes were no less than dirt with black paint. Everything about her had an earthy tone to it.

Apparently I hissed at her, but she didn't seem to care. She set me on the bed and my body clawed to covers of the bed without a second thought.

Why are you so angry?

Before now, I didn't notice a blond haired woman sitting on a chair in front of the dresser. I actually would hope I didn't.

The blond haired woman spun around and threw her dainty brush at me. "Get that damned cat out of here!"

It was completely clear I was not in control of the body I was with. It would move, blink, and snarl without my orders. It was like seeing through another's eyes and not being able to do anything else. Nope strike that. I felt this other one's pain.

The old woman scooped me up and rushed out of the room and down a long complicated hallway.

A couple things caught my sight: the hallway was the same one I met Alex in, the walls were breathing, and nothing in the hallway remained the same.

The portraits on the walls cried and moved as I passed them. I expected them to change from live to dead, but all they did was cry.

Busts, that I passed, did the same as well.

The walls, the pictures and the statues were all crying. Only tthe flowers did else. They screamed in pain and wilted.

Why is everything crying? Why are the flowers dying? What's happening?

"Happened," the voice mumbled quietly. "You can see it?"

Yes, I can.

The old woman suddenly dropped me and I fell agianst the marble floor harshly. The body I was in did not get up however.

"Listen to me. Bad things have happened here. Don't let them happen in your time. Don't let anyone into the tomb. Don't let anyone on your side unless they will die for you."

The hallway in sight started to burn and dissapear as if a sheet of paper.

What happened?

"Most importantly, do not let Alex near you. He started all of this. Promise me!"

I...will.

The last thing in my sight were two blazing red eyes within the fire that consumed the hallway.

With nothing more in the hallway, everything went dark.