Chapter 42 Heart of Fire

"Where are you going darlin'?"

The commander sought a handful of my hair and yanked me back towards him. I pulled back, but that only resulted in more pain for me.

"Coyote!" I hissed under my breath.

I growled as I was held at the side of man dressed in a sleek black armored suit. He stood much taller than me and held at least half a foot above me. Along with his height a slim muscular body hid underneath his armor. His strength was the best of him. That was the best of him.

With him, though, came a pungent odor of a rotten fragrance. One of rotten fish and the other of luck.

The commander of the Montregons was not a beautiful creature either. He had cropped black hair with harsh brown eyes. He spoke with intelligence and experience too, but he looked no older than Felix. Felix is pretty young as well. He stood in the thirty years.

"Princess, look at the last surviving seven of your father's so honored forces." The commander smirked at the seven bound and disabled at his feet.

Seven. Only seven of two armies survived. The four from the tower were present. Along with them kneeled Oliver, the others I don't know.

I turned away from the group of poor beaten soldiers and glared at the commander. "I give you only a few seconds before all of your men will be killed."

The soldier dressed in orange and red colors all exploded at my threat except the commander.

The commander glared at the men who laughed and turned back to me dangerously. "Do you know who I am little girl?"

"No one," I hissed taking my hair out of his grasp.

The commander grasped my neck quickly and pulled me in closer. "I am the feared. I am the dangerous. I am your judge and executioner. I am Crystal Nephais Montregon Lloyd and...you are dust to me."

Crystal? Lloyd? Same one from current time, but how? How could anyone live so long? Alex and Rionar-Oliver too! How did they all live?

To pull me out of my daydream was not me, but a cupped hand across my face. I flinched and held my cheek as I set my eyes on Crystal.

"Do you not listen to me g-."

"How dare you!" Before I could even think, my fist was attracted to his face. It made a painfully hard sound, but both of us were hurt, my hand and his pride.

Everyone stared at Crystal. What would he do?

I screamed out and shook violently as the hot iron pressed down into my left shoulder blade. I squeezed my eyes shut and faded away into safety.