Chapter 36 Lame Ice

Alex supported my weight and I limped. Even in the darkness of the lost day, he could still see perfectly.

"How do you feel about your wish now?"

I glanced at him and looked down at my foot, "I may not be good with reason, but you won't tell me the truth."

Alex's grip tightened, but he didn't say anything. "I really hate the wish you made," he grumbled setting me towards a tree.

He turned around and lifted his head. "How do you feel! Coward! You wouldn't come up to me directly? I have led you far from town. Come out! Now."

I searched the trees behind us, but there was no one. My eyes widened when the air rippled just before Alex and a man stood suddenly. I gasped and looked at Alex.

"Alex the Shadow," the man growled. "You are under arrest as a suspect to-."

Alex made a loud laugh suddenly, but then stopped.

"Lye's disappearance. Are you going to come quietly?"

Alex glanced at me and flicked his hand down. Immediately, my vision of the world changed.

I became smaller again and my body felt natural again. I knew it. I knew it. A cat.

I looked up at Alex for something to tell me about where to go. He looked back at the man staring at him.

"Listen, you have nothing. You don't know even half the skills I do. I could kill you right now. Forget about this arrest as suspect thingy and think about it while you chill down."

My eyes had not moved fast enough to see Alex orbit the man, walk toward me, or pick me up. The once live man was now a statue. A pure pale statue stood in his place.

"Alex," I called.

He put a hand around my neck and another under me. "In order to undo this, we need to reenter the tomb."

"Where is it?"

He sighed and turned back toward the statue. "In the palace."

I blinked.

Once again. My eyes did not move fast enough.

"In the wh-?"

I was dropped to the ground and Alex was laying next to me. I suffered from a scratch on my cheek, but Alex...Alex was missing his head.

I looked up at a nimble figure that dropped to the ground lightly.

"You've seemed to forget about me Alex."

I averted my eyes from the scene, but wait... I looked at Alex's neck and the space around him. There was no blood.

"Alex?"

"Erin, leave us. Go anywhere you wish. When I'm done with this one, I'll find you again."

I looked at the one against Alex. "No, Alex, why would you fight him!" I clawed Alex's arms. "That's Rionar! Alex?"

"Not now he isn't. Chill out."

I backed away from Alex and glanced a Rionae.

Forget it. I don't want my wish anymore.