Chapter 16 Boxing Gifts

*Longest Chapter I Will Ever Do*

"It's dead isn't it?"

"I looks like it, but...well feel its chest."

"I'm not feeling a dead rat to check its pulse!"

"It's not a rat."

A thin object gently slid under my right leg and lifted it until it fell to the ground by being attached. At this feeling, my tail twitched.

"You see that? The cat's still alive. Hey kitty." A rough hand stroked my tail.

My eyes opened and the first thing I saw was a knife a few paws before me. I rushed up on my four, still numb, legs and clawed at the two people close to me. "Where am I?"

By looking around, I could clearly see that I was not even remotely near my home. I was in a completely different area. The sky was lighter though. That and the grass was greener here. Alex wouldn't have taken me to a whole new area and if Gunther did, he'd be here when I woke. The only other who would take me away would be-.

In front of me were two teenaged boys. Behined them was a clan of rebellious punks. Rebellious and teens, but not a look over. Strapped to them at their sides was a knife like the one in front of me. On their backs, it looked like a container with a open lid was on them. No. Not a container. They all had a bow and quiver strapped to their backs.

"What are you?" I hissed looking at the one I assumed as the leader. He had soft and bouncy blond hair with beautiful sapphires for eyes.

He smiled and gently touched my nose. "No, we are native to this land, but we needed something locked in this world. You seem like you know. Where is the chamber?"

"So, you can understand me and you're after the chamber as well?"

The blond boy nodded. "Yes, but I do apologise. We did not introduce ourselves." He and his friend stood and bowed in sync with the rest of the group. "My name is Leo."

I simpley stared at him. There was no sucking up needed. He was on the other side. He is not my ally. At this point the only good thing he could do is enterttain my wasted time. The faster I got away from him, the faster, and closer, I was to finding Rayne.

"Now cat," he said with a shine in his eye, "tell me where I can find my competators." He watched me shift uncomfertably. I couldn't run for it, I know that; there were too many reinforcements here for that option.

"I see you know," Leo grinned reached out to stroke my ear. I pulled back, only making his smile stronger. "I also see that you don't trust us. I promise you, I only want what's in the tomb to help our people."

I watched Leo sit back on the ground. I relaxed as well and met eyes with him. "What's in the tomb?" I asked quickly, not knowing how important the answer was.

Leo straightened and looked at the boy next to him. "To answer that question I will have to show you some of the deepest darkest stories of history. It all started with a boy and a box."

"This boy sat alone in a chair all his life. His parents were distant from him and ignored conversation. They weren't at the top of the line either. They ran an old fish shop in a small market stall far from their abode..."

Issac looked down at the still full bucket of freshly caught fish. Well...perhaps a few hours ago, they'd be fresh, but now...

Nothing was going good today. The fish catch smelled terribe, and no one was buying anything. In addition to that, the market was almost empty. Issac folded his arms on the table and layed his head down.

In no timeline possible to follow could he make his quota by sunset. It was already past midday.

He looked up at the sky and focused at the first star of the evening. He sighed after a few seconds of gazing and layed his head down. "Give me time please? Just push time to slow. Please, please bring a coustmer."

"Already here," a low masculain voice chuckled.

Issac perked up to the voice and sat back in his chair like his father usually does. "Ma-ay I help you today?"

In front of him, the anbnoramly tall man smiled down at him. "Hello." He peered down over the small, wide bucket on the table. The other two baskets were clearly ruined. There was no use buying it.

"Tell you what boy." The man looked down and pulled up a wooden box onto the table. "I see how you suffer. I'll give you this box if you promise me you'll put something valuable of yours in it."

Issac looked at highly valuable box. It was hand made obviously and crafted from a different type of wood. He ran his hands over over it and grinned at how smooth and flat it was. "This box is beautifull. Based on my teachings by my father, I cannot take your gift."

The man shook his head and grinned. "This is a blessing boy. This is not my gift. This is your father's. His gift to you because he couldn't say...anything."

Issac quickly cradled the box in his arms and it seemed to warm up in his grasp. A jolt ran through him and the scent of something sweet filled the air.

"Promise me Issac, fill it with things valuable, but never ever let anyone else look inside of it."

Issac frowned and undid the latch. He peered inside of the box. "What's in the box? What is that-."

"Never take anything out that doesn't belong to you either. It's a rule, understand me?"

"And Issac nodded. His lie would lead to the deaths of millions one day."