Chapter 48 Bound

"Open the gates!"

My heart began to race as the large gates opened to reveal a hundred ready archers aimed directly at all of us.

"Halt!"

"Alex," I gasped.

A strong pull in the air formed around me and I was roughly pulled from the horse. My shoulders were crushed.

"ERILYE!

I struggled to push away, but the grip on me was much too tight. Then it just disappeared.

I pulled back and met two red eyes. "Who are you?"

The girl in front of me grinned. "Erilye! I am Lya, better known as Raylya. Do you not remember? Your twin?" She kissed my cheek and then looked at Alex. "Is it happening?"

Alex nodded. "But let us come in princess!"

I looked up and down the clothes and chose the one with the least restriction. I chose a gold colored dress with golden slippers.

I sighed as I closed the dresser doors and plopped on the bed. I shut my eyes

"Erilye?"

I opened my eyes and pulled myself from the plush bed to the bold doors at the end of the room. I put my hand on the handles and stopped. A fierce voice shouted in my head.

"Who is it?"

"Me. Oliver."

I moved to the side and cracked the door. Oliver quickly zipped in and shut the door. His face shown pure anger and sadness.

"What's wrong?"

Oliver tilted his head. "That Alex ruined our plans. We both had a straight shot at being free! My love, I have failed you."

I back up as he drew closer. "What?"

"My love," he bowed and stood back up. He reached for my face, but I backed up more. "What are you doing Lye?"

"What are you doing?"

Oliver stopped advancing. "That Alex is to blame. He stopped us at the festival of ice, then he stopped us on the road going into Alicross territory, he stopped us at the barn Lye. I love you. Normally I wouldn't say this to you, but...we have to kill Alex."

"Oliver!"

Oliver stopped and sighed. "I know it's a long shot, but in the end, we can be married!" he entwined his cold fingers in my hand.

"Stop."

Oliver stopped and retreated to the door. "Of course, someone might hear." He left.

"Why didn't you tell me about Oliver?"

Alex grinned. "Did you turn him down?"

"No, not yet."

"Just know," Alex whispered, "only do it when I'm here."

"Erilye!" I turned to Arum at the corner of the hallway. "We need you. Urgently."

"What?"

A group of men sat around a circular table with grim faces. All of them jumped up when they same me. All of them bowed except one, a grim old man with a serious scowl.

"Erilye," Oliver whispered under his breath. "Please."

I stood next to Oliver and looked over everyone to the grim man in the center. He didn't speak but he spoke with his eyes. He was worried and angry.

I looked across the room to a band of orange and tensed.

"We meet again Miss Erilye." The cold voice of Crystal Lloyd hissed.

Next to Crystal was a tall slender man with equally cold black eyes. He I knew. Marcilo.

"Alex," I whispered letting fear rush over me.

"Let's see," Marcilo sighed. "Let's speed this right on up." He paused and gave a devilish grin. "My brother and I will stop our advances of war if the king gives either of us the hand of his daughter."

The old man stood up and stared at me again. "I have sworn to it. You must do the same Erilye."

I looked at Bataeus across the room and turned back to Crystal and Marcilo. I laughed, "I-, you honestly think anyone would agree to your ludicrous terms?" I strode across the room and glared at Marcilo. "Bring your war. Bring your little boys in oversized fits. Bring your sticks and stones. Try to win."

The entire room went red with blood anger. Everyone glared at me except Marcilo and Crystal.

Crystal shrugged. "You lost your easy way."

I smiled. "You're going to beg little boy. Beg for your miserable life."

"You idiot," Alex hissed.