Chapter 29

I wake up to an uncomfortable feeling in my lower abdomen and I get flashbacks of last night, causing me to groan softly. Zayn is practically lying ontop of me, his arm across my waist and his cheeks a rosy pink due to the heat of the room. I try to push him off but it is practically impossible, his heaviness overpowering.

"Zayn," I mumble, planting a kiss on his chin and I watch as his eyes flutter open, a smile appearing on his face.

"Mm?"

"You're too warm," I gesture to his body and he apologises, shifting off me. I glance at the time and realise its 2pm. Shit. "I missed university!" I almost scream, getting up and rushing around the room, pulling my dress on.

"Babe its one day, come back and lie with me," he begs but I refuse, insisting he drives me to the school. He agrees but not very poitely, scowling at how his jeans are uncomfortable or how I missed half the day anyways or how old people are slow drivers. I am just in time for history, my lips puffy from stolen kisses Zayn managed as I got out of the car. Luckily Zayn didn't moan when I asked him politely to stop by my flat and let me change.

"Hey sleepyhead," Harry chuckles as I roll my eyes sitting down, getting an un-needed lecture from my teacher had just put me in a bad mood.

"Hey, miss me?"

"Lily was looking for you everywhere, I want to see her expression when she sees you managed to come in." I flick his arm and open my text book open, reading the certain page.

"Hand your essay up," Harry nods his head towards the teacher and I shrug, taking it from my file and leaving it on the desk, walking back to my table briskly so I can't make a fool of myself. "How's Zayn?" his eyes are still concentrated on the page as he asks me.

"Um," I begin to blush and stutter causing Harry to stare at me.

"What?"

"Nothing," I blurt out," I've failed this essay," I say, hoping to change the subject.

"No you haven't, I think you'll do fine," he smiles at me reassuringly and I glance at the clock quickly. Ever since Harry brought Zayn up there had been an awkward tension between us that I couldn't pinpoint.

"Miss Banks?" A young receptionist asks and I raise my hand, grabbing her attention,"someone hear for you at the office, you are going home early." I stick out my tongue at Harry as I grab my books and leave the room, skipping down the empty hallways. I come to a stop infront of the office as I see familiar brown hair and grey eyes.

"Hello sweetie," his voice sets me on edge and I freeze on the spot, unsure of what to do.

"What are you doing here?" I question.

"I've come to collect you sweetie," his voice is calm and sweet but I know the anger and harsh tone it usually has. I nod, leaving the office and walking with him silently until we are in the carpark.

"aren't you meant to be in jail?" I am absolutely devastated that he has chose to come back and ruin my life. He grabs my arm but I stiffen, stepping backwards.

"Got out 6 months ago and a little bird told me your mother is here on holiday and you're living so I thought I'd give you a ride home."

"No thanks," I spit,"ill wait for lily."

"I insist," he says, grabbing my arm and yanking me towards a silver car. would screaming for help do anything? I begin filling up with fear as I am say inside this dirty and smoke smelling car. I dial Zayn's number and put him on mute so my dad is unable to hear him but Zayn can hear everything. As soon as I see the call has connected I begin speaking.

"So, Dad, do you need directions to my flat?" I question and he nods, so I tell them very quickly, hoping that after all Zayn may not be needed. After two rights and a wrong left I realise I have absolutely no idea where he is taking me. I intake a shaky breath as I watch the confused and aggravated man beside me tap the steering wheel with his index finger.

"You honestly didn't think I was stupid right?" his voice is a laugh and before I know it he chucks my phone out the window. I gasp, peering back at what is just a shattered black block and I feel tears welling up in my eyes.