Chapter 26

Zayn

Well I can tell you now that when I walked into Ali's room I was expecting her to be sobbing on her bed doing her stupid homework that she always seems to be stressed over, not ontop of another fucking boy. Was she over me already? I glance at her petiteness as she walks to my room infront of me and I'm thankful he was gentle with her but I'm seriously in the mood to punch his fucking face in. I can tell she's nervous, she always gasps a little although she doesn't mean to and it's really bugging me how I can find that cute after what had just happened.

"I could've swore I put them in here," she searches throughout my drawer frantically.

"Forget it, no big deal." I shrug and I say it with no emotion but the amount of emotions I'm feeling right now definitely has to impossible.

"Zayn I just want you to know.." she begins and her eyes search mine frantically," Niall's my friend, nothing more. Nothing's happened between us and nothing will." I wait a few seconds and I almost grab her face and kiss her but I stop myself.

"you don't need to explain yourself to me," I say the words like they have a bad taste, my nose screwing up a little. Hurt flashes across her face but she hides it quickly.

" you don't have to leave."

"I know." This is getting really fucking awkward and it gets ten times worse when that blonde asshole appears in the doorway.

"You're her roommate?" he asks and I pick up on his irish accent and relief rushes through me even though I believed Ali.

"What's it to you?" I know I'm just being rude now but I can't help myself, friend or no friend he still had Alison ontop of him and that makes me feel physically sick.

"just asking, so where's Lily?" Is he stupid or fucking stupid?

"Why the hell would I know?" I'm loosing my temper and Ali knows it.

"Ni.."

"Aren't you Liam?"

"I'm Zayn but what's it to you?" Niall look at Ali confused and she glances at the floor, tapping her feet together when it hits me. She didn't tell him about me. "I'm Zayn, Ali's ex boyfriend." I'm enjoying this a little more than I should, even the 'ex' means we've broke up.

"Ex?" Niall's eyes squint together and I know he has feelings for her but she's too oblivious to see that, Ali only see's what she wants to see or if it's pointed out to her.

"Well," I begin as I smirk at him,"nice meeting you. I'll be back later to collect the rest of my stuff Ali, be a good girl?" I kiss her temple and being able to touch her again without restricting myself makes me stand like an idiot before realising the situation and leaving the room. I hear her raise her voice to Niall but I just close the flat door, it's nothing to do with me. It's you're fault. I shake the thought from my head and make my way down the alleyway.

"Zayn!" Lily shrieks as she hugs me, her eyes wide. I glance behind her to find Liam, some weird boy, two women and a man. "What are you doing here?"

"Yeah," Liam gulps.

"I came to collect some of my stuff," I gesture towards the bag.

"Are you a friend of Alison's?" One of the women with brown hair asks. I glance at her warily but her eyes remind me of her and that's when I realise this is Lily and Ali's Mum. 

"He is," Lily butts in and I glare at her, what was she playing at?

"By all means join us for dinner! Liam is coming and it would be nice to get to know the girls friends here," her smile is exactly like Alison's.