Chapter 2

I woke up to my alarm buzzing. I sat, my pj's clinging to my body. I had loads of nightmares last night but clearly Lily didn't hear otherwise she would've woke me. I switched my alarm off quicky and groaned, stretching my legs and arms. My nightmares were worse than ever last night, the memories coming flooding back. My father had been abusive and he got even worse when he was drunk.

"Sweetie, could you clean the table up?" My mum stuttered, her voice shaking slighty as she poured another glass of wine for my father, which he demanded. I nodded and excused myself from the living room, relieved to be leaving the tension which was building. I knew tonight would be bad and so did Mum, the worry in her eyes clear. I cleaned the table carefully, ensuring there was no mess left that my Dad could pick up on and I quietly made my way up to my bedroom. I was reading a book although the words meant nothing to me as I wasn't taking them in. The living room door slammed and I jumped, dread filling up inside me. He was coming upstairs.

I shook my head, not allowing these disturbing thoughts to ruin my day. I joined Liam, Zayn and Lily in the kitchen as Liam sat down with a bowl of cereal.

"We alreadly ate," Lily motioned towards her and Zayn. I nodded towards them, smiling. I poured a half bowl of cheerios and poured milk in, setting the carton carefully in the fridge. Zayn stood behind me as I went to move past him, he followed my steps. 

"Sorry," I laughed, placing my head in my hands after moving out of his way. He smiled at me, placing his tongue behind his teeth. I looked him up and down, not really have the nerve to do it last night. This morning he had stubble and he had a pair of grey trakkies on with a white t-shirt. His hazel eyes stared into mine and his hair was flat, allowing him to look hotter than I though he could. It's your second day and you're already thinking about boys. I also noticed he had tattoo's, something I hadn't realised before. He had a half sleeve on one of his arms, a few on the other and one on his chest although I couldn't see it clearly as his tshirt was covering it.

"Alison!" Liam laughed, waving his hand infront of my face, causing me to blush. "It's okay, I stare at Zayn all the time too," he winked, "Want a lift to uni?"

"That'd be perfect, thanks," I smile at him. I understand partially why Lily chose him, his kind-hearted nature warming my heart. I hoped as time went on our relationship would grow and he wouldn't ruin my impression of him. "I'd better get dressed," I groaned, setting my bowl and spoon in the dishwasher. I padded quielty to my room and closed the door, pulling my black jeans and new 'Rolling Stones' vest top out of my drawer. I pulled my denim jacket off the hanger and pulled out my plain grey vans. I eyed myself in the mirror and pulled my ponytail loose, pulling primer out from my makeup bag. I applied some foundation, mascara and blusher along with pale pink lipstick. I fixed myself once more before grabbinng my bag and leaving the room. Zayn exited his room at the same time.

"Hi," he said quietly, waiting for me to join him. He wore a short- sleeved tee with bubble writing and black jeans, which were baggy on his skinny legs, and trainers."

"What do you have first?" I asked him.

"Geography," he replied, his face lighting up," it's my absolute favourite class."

"Really?"

"I find it so interesting and the work easy, so that's a bonus." As we entered the living room Lily and Liam stood, hand in hand.

"You guys are finally ready," Lily laughed as she rolled her eyes. I mouthed sorry to me but she smiled at me which showed me she honestly wasn't bothered. Zayn locked up while we walked to the car and I hopped in the back. As I thought, the car was immaculate. 

"He loves cars, I told you this over facetime right?"

"Yeah, although you never managed to send me a photo!" I lean forward and slap her arm as we both laugh.

"There will be no violence in this car while I'm driving, got it?" He raises his eyebrow at Lily and she kisses him, a smile appearing on his face. Zayn slammed the door, causing me to jump, I hadn't heard him open it.

"Everything's locked, I double checked," he makes sure to add. Liam drives towards the university and the butterflies in my stomach increase. I hadn't even been nervous when I woke up but as soon as I saw the sign I felt like throwing up.

"You have a map?" Zayn asked, a concerned look appearing on his face. I pulled it from my jean pocket and I saw him relax. 

"I'll see you in English before lunch," I hug Lily and walk off, trying to read my map. 

"Ali!" I hear Zayn shout behind me and I turn around to find him jogging slowly behind me," History's that way," he points behind us in the opposite direction I was going.

"Great," I mumble,"clearly I'm no good at reading maps."

"Would you like me to take you? If we leave now you'll have half an hour left?" he asks, shrugging his shoulders and glancing at the floor. I try to stop myself smiling but I can't help it.

"Would you mind? Wouldn't that make you late for you're class?"

"Don't worry, it starts in fifteen minutes," he laughs, running his hands up and down his arms. I walk beside him in silence as we walk up and down around 15 sets of stairs. I try to memorise each one but they all look the same.

"It's so big," I sigh frustratedly. 

"You'll be fine, don't worry, it takes everyone a little time to get used to it," he says, calming me a little.

"Thank you."

"It's okay, I don't mind," he shrugs, smiling at me,"I was thinking maybe you should take my number, incase you get lost I guess.." he trails on but I nod and I see the relief in his eyes.

"Great," he says, rhyming it out to me,"enjoy history." He walks off and I walk into an empty class, seating myself near the middle, hoping not to be noticed. A boy settles down near me, his aftershave causing me to notice me.

"Hi," he smiles cherfully, tugging at his beanie,"are you new too?"

"Yeah," I smile.

"Great, I'm not normally early but I thought I should make a good impression on my first day. You sort of have to, right?" he laughs, seating himself beside me. His eyes are an emerald green and his lips are red and plump.

"I'm Alison," I say, holding my had out.

"Harry," he takes my hand and shakes it firmly, but not too firm. The teacher walks in and glances around the room, her eyes widening to find two students 10 here at ten to ten. 

"I apologise, I'm Miss Rollinson." She was a petite woman and looked around early 30's. Her voice was cheery and her face lit up as our class continued to fill up.

"So do you live in the halls?" Harry asks as he anxiously eyes up the other students. 

"I live with my friend and her two roomates in her flat." 

"You're lucky, I know no one here," he laughs nervously as he pulls his beanie off, his curly hair fluffy. He pulled it back on and rolls his eyes,"bad hair day." Miss Rollinson hands out books and tells us to look at page 160. I don't understand why teachers never start at the start but I'm too polite to ask so. I glance at Harry from the corner of my eye to find he's wearing black jeans and a white tshirt. He too has tattoo's although he seems too innocent.

"You know, you can join us for lunch?" I say to Harry and he looks up at me, his eyes gleaming as he puts his books in his bag.

"You wouldn't mind?" he smiles and I nod.

"Give me a text when you're in the canteen, I'll come and get you," I smile and give him my number before wandering off. I go up a few stairs and realise I'm completely lost. Shit. I take out my map and try to work out where I am but its no use so I crumple it and throw it into the bin beside me. I ring Lily, but after three times of going to voicemail I decide to wander around for a bit and hopefully find myself in the English department. Alot of people are changing classes now and I want to ask them for directions but decide against it.

"Alison? What are you doing here in the science department? don't you have english?" I am actually relieved to turn around and find Liam smiling widely at me.