Chapter 20

I wake up to Zayn's hazel eyes staring into mine and his hands on my waist. I let out a grunt and smile at him, arching my back off the mattress whilst stretching. I suppose I was a morning person, if you called 12 o'clock morning.

"Hey beautiful," his voice is quite raspy and deep and I glance at his chapped lips and messy hair.

"How long have you been up?"

"A while," he shrugs and I cuddle into him, our breathing the only thing that breaks the silence. I think about Zayn's conversation last night and how he seemed so upset about his brother. Zarin seemed like such a lovely guy, he had the same intentions Zayn does although I'm guessing Zayn has more anger issues. Zayn talked about his other problems, but what did that fully mean? He told me he was bullied into selling drugs but he has in under control now so it's really nothing to worry about but I couldn't help but do nothing but worry. I walk into the kitchen where Lily has her head rested on a table and Liam is strutting around trying to clean the place up. I have a pounding headache and I reach for the first aid box in the hope that some paracetomol will relieve my pain.

"Uh," Liam mutters as he sees me approach in just Zayn's t-shirt and his eyes automatically drop to my arms. I freeze on the spot, how stupid could I be? I have tried for so long to hide them and now I'm basically showing them off? I feel my confidence reach rock bottom again as Zayn wraps his arms around my waist so I turn to him.

"Baby?" he tilts my chin up so I am looking up at him and the confusion in his eyes makes me want to break down into tears. I shake my head and half laugh, burying my head into his chest. He sighs into my ear and I almost beg him to let me go and hide in my room but I remember his promise about not cutting and that has to have included not being afraid of them anymore.

"I'm okay now," I smile at him and he smiles back, the relief on his face blatantly clear.

"Good," I turn back around and Zayn grabs his coat, nodding towards Liam.

"We'll be back in a while, yeah?" Zayn kisses my forehead and he bends down a little, his teeth grazing my ear, "no smoking, I promise." I feel an object being handed to me and I realise it is his packet of cigarettes and lighter and I gasp.

"Alison you can't smoke?!" Lily practically shouts across the flat and Zayn chuckles, running his hand through his hair before winking at me and leaving with Liam. "No, no way!" Lily begins charging at me and I hold my hands up, shouting the explanation.

"He's stopping for you?" her voice is almost a whisper.

"Why say it in that tone?" I laugh at her.

"It's a little..soon don't you think? Two weeks and you guys have already made commitments." Her tone is serious but I can see that she doesn't mean it as seriously as it came out.

"I wanna make this work," I shrug and put a crossiant in the oven, heating it to melt a little butter on top.

"We're kicked off the football team apparently," Lily bursts out laughing and I can't help but laugh either. I did love my football but to be honest, my exams were definitely more important this year and I really couldn't afford to lose out on loads of study time. Zayn and Liam arrive as I finish my crossiant, both of them looking extremley tense.

"Hi," I smile at Zayn and his face brightens as he jogs towards me, kissing my jawline.

"You still up for our date tonight, how are you feeling?"

"Quite sick," I admit honestly and his face drops.

"How about I kick these two out and me and you can cuddle, watch movies and I'll cook you an amazing meal?" he winks and I nod, the thought of Zayn cooking will be quite humorous. "I just gotta do a few things today but I'll be back around 4, think you can occupy yourself till then?" I stare at the time on my phone and think of 3 hours without Zayn, a headache and headcold and homework. Perfect. Zayn must sense my unhappiness as he begins messing with my hair. "I promise I'll be quick okay?" he plants a kiss on my forehead and leaves the room, not turning back to see me wave.

Sorry it's short guys but I have been really busy tonight so I promise tomorrow I'll write more!x