Chapter 19

Zayn

I sip another drink of alcohol when I realise the time, it's 12.42 and I imagine Alison still up, frustrated about whatever she can't do. The thought of her makes me feel dizzy and light and to be quite honest the thought of her tongue inside my mouth really isn't enough but it'll have to do, I'm not going to physically force her to do anything she doesn't want to do.

"Lets go," I shout towards Lily and Liam who are practically grinding on each other on the dance floor and are making me feel more and more uncomfortable. "liam!" I hiss and his head snaps sidewards. He realises it's time to go and he slides his arm around Lily who, as always, has had far too much to drink and is completely intoxicated.

"So much for not making me feel like the third wheel," I scoff at her but she pinches my cheeks and apologises more than enough and I wish I hadn't of even brought it up. I climb into the car and disturbingly Liam has decided it is best if I 'watch over' Lily. She automatically pouts her lip and starts rambling on about how much she loves me and Ali as a couple and although my heart races at the mention of her name I manage to tune out. I concentrate on the trees passing, anything but Lily or Liam to be honest but as usual I always think about her. That face that can make me do anything. Ali. I almost laugh to myself as I imagine her frowned expression as she gets something wrong in math and has to recalculate it. Alison decided to take on more classes after her first week of university and I can see the amount of work piling up on her dresser and it's making me fucking anxious, never mind Alison. Frank Ocean comes on the radio and I reach into the front, managing to turn it up, anything to divert my attention from her. Luckily Liam didn't drink tonight cause I don't think a taxi would take us the full way home after the way Lily was acting.

"Quit it," I growl as she begins tugging on my shirt and I push her hands away from me as I see Liam worriedly glance at her in the mirror. I sing along to the song but as Lily accidentally plunges her hands into my crotch I groan out in pleasure.

"Oopsies, sorry Zaynie," she slurs and I shake my head, wishing to just cuddle with Ali. I sigh with relief as Liam pulls into the driveway and he climbs out, lifting Lily out who literally just conked out. Why couldn't she have done that once we left the bar? 

"Mate can I talk to you?" Liam asks, his voice hoarse and I glance at him, my vision becoming less blurry so I can properly make out his troubled and bothered face. 

"When? Now? It's ten past 1 Liam, can't this wait till tomorrow?" I groan at my sudden headache and Liam pops the key in the lock, opening the flat door. The smile that I returned to Liam is slowly disappearing as my mind begins to put pictures of the scene together.

"What the fuck are you doing here?!" I shout and Harry sits up, Ali with a waterbottle sitting beside him looking very sleepy. Betrayal and hurt. "Answer the question!" I practically scream.

"Zayn, shh, the neighbours," Liam says quielty beside me and I realise he has probably tucked Lily in her bed.

"I don't give two fucks bout the neighbours Liam, I care about my girlfriend and why she's with him." I hear the venom in my own voice as I spit the words out.

"I feel sick," Ali sits on the edge of the sofa as she presses her fingers against her temples. He touches the small of her back and I run at him, punching him. He dodges the first two but my last punch hits him square on the nose and his head jerks backwards.

"Mate chill!" Liams hands are on my arms but I shake him off and start punching Harry who is now lying on the ground in the fetal position. He is begging me to stop but I can't, I don't think I could even if I wanted to. How could she invite him, of all people. What did she need so desperately that I couldn't give her? I push the vile thoughts of the two of them kissing or having sex from my head and I realise I'm still beating the shit out of Harry.