Chapter 23

Zayn

"Get out," I grumble, pulling the covers around me as the blonde, whose name I can't remember, shuffles around beside me. "Didn't you hear me?" I snap, opening my eyes. The blonde hair was nothing like Ali's and yet my heart swelled. We're done. 

"Alright, no need to be an asshole about it," she half smiles at me but I just close my eye and let my head hit the pillow. She whispers goodbye before shuffling out of the room, leaving me in silence. That was the worst bit, I had learned from my past experience. I could still get Ali back, right? I mean, the difference with Katy was I wanted to be nowhere near her but I still loved her. But I don't love Ali. She's probably already up, a little heart broken but nothing too major. She's been through 4 relationships before she told me, she didn't get too phased about breakups. The smell of a fry-up wafts into my room and although I feel sick with too much alcohol my stomach rumbles and I walk into the kitchen, a brunette cooking the food.

"Hey," she smiles and I nod towards her catiously. Clearly I should stay away from the opposite sex, I always get hurt. Was I gay? As if on cue Connor walks out in is boxers and I turn away and shiver at the sight. Fuck no. 

"Hi mate, I didn't get speaking to you last night, what are you doing here?" he comes over for a man hug but I shake my head, the idea making me feel more sick.

"Its a long story," I laugh but really nothing about it is funny at all," basically I'm kicked out. For a while I guess, I'll go back soon, I hope. I hooked up with a girl but she thought we were more than we were. We were only together for 2 weeks man."

"That's shit dude," Connor laughs and he hugs the brunette who happens to be wearing  the same tshirt he had on last night. "How was your hook-up?" he smirks and I roll my eyes.

"She was alright, she was just a hook-up," I laugh.

Alison

"Lil please," I beg her as she opens her third box of tissues from last night. Her phone has rung constantly throughout the night and I'm cranky from my lack of sleep due to Lily's sobbing. 

"He's such a dickhead!" she says for what seems like the thousandth time.

"Forget about him Lily, he's just stupid, think about Ireland next week. Niall will be so happy to see you," I remind her and a small smile appears on her face.

"I think he likes me you know, he always came over to my house but I guess I was too hung up in London to see the hints he was dropping." I nod, anything to stop her talking about Liam. I had mentioned somewhere last night in the muddle that I broke up with Zayn and to be honest I don't know why. He didn't tell you, that's why. It's a pretty pathetic reason and the more I think about it the more my heart aches for his hands on my stomach. 

"I'll be right back, I gotta sort out a few thing," I kiss Lily's forehead and laugh as she eats a heaped spoonful of ben and jerrys. I grab my phone and flick unamusedly at the 10 missed calls from Liam but none from Zayn. I ring him before I back out of it. No answer. I ring another 5 times and when he actually picks up I gasp.

"Ali?" he too seems shocked and I just wish he was here rather than..where was he?

"Hi,"I breathe and I hear voices in the background. "Where are you?"

"Connors." Who was he?

"Tell you're hookup that she can come back anytime for me!" I presume Connor shouts and I feel my stomach tighten.

"What?" I feel tears prick my eyes but I blink the back.

"Listen to me Ali," Zayn is moving now, probably to another room,"we were over,  I thought," I cut him off.

"Yeah, you just thought you'd fuck someone else while I thought about you all night," I scrunch my face up at my fowl mouth and I slowly begin to regret coming to London. Would a university in Ireland take me at this late a time? 

"Alison!" Zayn shouts into the phone and I hang up on him. My hands begin to shake and my door creaks open.

"Ali? Lily told me to come in, why is she upset?" Harry's worried eyes are on my shaky hands and he glances up at me just as my phone rings. "what has he done?" his voice comes out as more of a growl and he sets his history books down on the bed. Shit, I forgot he was coming to do the essay with me.

"We broke up," my voice breaks slightly and I curse myself for not just shaking my head and telling him everything was fine. "Liam cheated on Lily, and Zayn knew so we all broke up, but I thought my reason for breaking up with Zayn was beyond stupid so I rang him but he was hooking up with someone else last night," I can't stop the tears and Harry hugs me as I cry into his chest.

"Shhh, you're okay," he soothes and I can't help but wish Zayn was holding me.

"I feel really selfish," I say between sobs," I should be the strong one."

"You're always the strong one," he says, his lips inches from my own. Confused, hurt, tired. I tilt my head and press my wet lips against Harry's.