Chapter 13

I woke up due to the heat and realised I was practically tucked underneath Zayn. I struggled to move him but as he was in a deep enough sleep he didn't wake. I groan as I make my way to the shower and lock the door behind me. I turn the hot water on and do my normal routine only thinking about Zayn made me forget if I had shampooed my hair once or twice so I did it again, just incase. I heard the front door slam as I walk of the bathroom in a towel and Liam appears, his face shocked.

"Why are you up?"

"Couldn't sleep I guess," I shrug and make my way into my room, checking my phone. 7.42. I change back into Zayn's hoodie and go to his room, climbing in beside him causing him to stir.

"Where'd you go?" he asks, his voice almost hoarse.

"Sorry, I went for a shower," I smile and peck his lips, hugging his bare torso. He slips his arm around my waist.

"I thought you left," he sighs but I can tell he is also relieved to go back to sleep.

"I'm here babe," I laugh at my choice of words but Liam bangs into something in the kitchen, causing it to smash. "I'll help," I whisper to Zayn and get up, walking thoughtlessly to the kitchen.

"Be careful!" he shouts.

"You're telling me."

"I know, I know." Liam looks flustered as he tries to sweep up the pieces of glass.

"What's wrong?"

"Why would anything be wrong?" he asks defensively and I take a step back. someone got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning. "Sorry to be angry, I dunno what's wrong with me," he sighs and I smile at him, letting him know I understand.

"We all go through those days, don't worry about it," I assure him. "You know I'm always hear to talk to right?'

"I know, thanks Ali." I can tell he's smiling even if his back is facing me and I check them time to find it's already half 8. I go and wake Zayn up and plait my half-damp hair.

"Do you know what's up with Liam?" I ask Lily and she shrugs, her face confused.

"No? he's fine right?"

"Yeah, it's just he seems a little on edge, probably something at school or something stupid." Lily shrugs and we climb into the car as the two boys lock up.

zayn

"Mate what's wrong with you?" I ask as he slams the door shut and fumbles with the keys, trying to find the right one. usually he spots it right away but I can tell he isn't concentrated right now. "I can drive?" I offer.

"I'm fine. Alright? just because I'm mad for one day I get treated like a five year old, it's ridiculous."

"just because people care about you that isn't ridiculous," I spit and storm off, sitting beside Ali. She looks perfect today and without her makeup I can see her few pimples around her nose. Liam hops into the car a few minutes later and the car ride is silent until we reach the school.

"I'll be home late, we had to move pe from yesterday to today," Ali reminds me.

"Okay," I smile at her, knowing I'll be standing there watching her play, like always. She presses a kiss on my cheek and her eyes grow wild as she realises her mistake. Well, not a mistake, a realisation of her promise. Her cheeks turn a light pink and she turns around, walking off towards English with Lily. I sigh as I make my way towards Biology in the science department.

"Zayn! hi," I turn around to find that boy Harry and for once I'm actually glad he's here, his presence clearing the air from Liam and I's argument.

"Hey," I smile weakly at him as we enter the classroom he actually sits beside me. "you okay?" I question.

"I think we got off on the wrong foot and I know you probably hate me but I want to at least try," he half smiles and I nod. I'll try to give him a chance. "actually i have a problem and I was wondering if you could help me?" his voice goes quieter and I shrug.

"Sure."

"Well, I kind of was wondering how to impress Alison, I know you only know her for around the same amount of time as me and I know we're only friends but how could I get her something that's unique and that's she like?" I felt my body tense and that's when I lost control, grabbing Harry by the tshirt and throwing him to the ground.