Chapter 27

Why the hell did I apologise? I looked so idiotic, he didn't even apologise back although he made a huge deal about me sitting beside him. I couldn't help but look over at him when he laughed, his tongue resting behind his teeth, his eyes squinting a little. Perfection.

"Bet you any money Emma's captain, bet she's happy, little bitch," Lily says and I laugh when Zayn whispers my name. I turn around to find his eyes on my lips, his hand ontop of mine.

"I'm sorry too." That did it for me, those three words. I grabbed a hold of his face and brought it to mine, kissing his lips softly. He let out a soft moan and the table began whistling,causing him to pull away and for me to blush.

"Not infront of your mum," he laughs and I feel myself smile a little, his hand resting on my thigh.

"Guys I'm so happy for you," Lily screams and I roll my eyes. I see Paul's wink at Zayn but I ignore it, it's clearly none of my business.

"I need some fresh air," Niall excuses himself and I see Louis glance worriedly around the table before following him. I get a nervous feeling in my gut but I ignore it.

"Can I get you a drink?" Zayn offers, clearly trying to distract me and also to fill my now empty glass. I nod and he politely asks my mother and the others at the table although I catch him glare at Liam. 

"Get me some wine please," I beg and Zayn looks at me, hesisitant.

"Alison no alcohol," my mum seems surprised by my sudden request,"you know I don't approve," the guests shift uncomfortably in the awkwardness but I roll my eyes and slouch back.

"Zayn just get me wine please," I say for the second time and I see him scratch the back of his head before walking off. "Where'd Niall and Louis go?" I ask, keeping my eyes averted from my mum. 

"Alison, didn't you just hear what I said?" I can tell her tone is pissed off but so what? Just because she doesn't drink doesn't mean I don't have to, I'm not going to turn out anything like my father and she knows that, so what's her problem? I ignore her again and thank Zayn as he returns with my wine. I sip at it while everyone watches me and from the corner of my eye I can see my mother, her bright pink face glaring at me, this will be interesting.

"We're gonna head soon kiddo's." I always appreciated the way Paul looked after me like one of his own, it helped with the fact that my asshole father didn't care about me. I always considered Paul like my father anyways, he was there for me when my dad wasn't.

"Daddy," Lily begged, pushing Liam off his seat to get Lily and her dad another drink so they would stay longer. 

"Honey why don't you stay with the kids? Us girls could do with a little alone time, right Linda?" my mum just nods but shows no emotion.

"Yeah, Paul, you can stay in my room, Zayn would you mind if I stayed with you?" I ask, batting my eyelids. My Mum splutters on her drink and I can't help but giggle, the alcohol clearly reaching my bloodstream. 

"Lets go Linda," Lily's mum motions to get up, obviously not wanting to cause a scene, and I glance at my mother who is now red in the face and storming out of the restaurant. 

"You sure do know how to push her buttons," Paul chuckles,"Niall and Louis have finally arrived!" I glance around to see Niall's straight face followed by Louis, who was fixing his overgrown hair. I quickly down my wine and try to get comfortable in my chair but it's no use. I feel warm and fuzzy from the alcohol but I don't want a hangover tomorrow so I don't ask for another. Zayn rubs my back softly as Liam, Lily and Paul make awkward conversation. Zayns hand trails down my back and over my thigh, causing me to moan slightly and for him to chuckle. 

"Zayn," I whisper harshly," stop," I glance at his eyes which are dancing in the light, the smirk on his face making me want him even more.

"Do you really want me to stop?" he rubs my thigh again and I glance around the table to find everyone is engrossed in Paul's coversation. My breath hitches as his hand reaches the top of my thigh and they run over my pants, causing me to bite my lip as my eyes roll backwards.

"you guys?" Lily's voice comes and I snap my head forward, opening my eyes wide. 

"mm?"

"When do you want to go?" I almost feel guilty for wanting to leave, almost.

"I'm kind of tired," I half laugh, pushing Zayn's hand off my leg and standing up before he can do something else to embarrass me. 

"We're staying for a bit," Niall spits and I look at him and roll my eyes.

"Whatever," Zayn grips my hips and squeezes them slightly, causing me to jump. 

"Have fun at Zayn's," Lily winks, a smile plastered on her face but I ignore her and grab Zayn's hand.

"What where you doing?" I whisper loudly as we make our way past full tables and out to the front of the reception. 

"Sorry baby, it's this dress," he growls in my ear sending shivers down my spine,"Can I order a taxi?" he asks to a perky brunette as I make my way over to the seating area, stumbling quite a few times. I was a lightweight as I wasn't used to drinking in heavy amounts.  "15 fucking minutes," Zayn walks over and plops himself on the sofa beside me, his hand resting on mine. 

"It's okay," I reassure him, my words slurring a little causing me to giggle.

"How can you be drunk already?" he raises his eyebrow, humour clear on his face. I attempt to shrug but I end up moving my shoulders once to many times causing Zayn to erupt into laughter. "Babe what the hell are you doing?" his features are playful and this is the first time I've seen Zayn properly hyper and happy. 

"I'm not talking!" I exclaim, throwing my arms into the air and covering my face immediately, embarrassed at how I act when I'm drunk. Zayn chuckles, pushing my hair back from my face and gently brushing his lips against my own. The sudden touch sends chills down my spine and I grab his arm for balance. A horn beeps outside and a taxi is waiting, it's headlights blaring. 

"Thank fuck, take my jacket babe," he smiles, shrugging it on my shoulders and guiding me outside ensuring I don't fall.