Chapter 5

"Are you sure you'll be okay?" Lily asks as she puts on her mascara.

"Positive, you look beautiful Lil," I smile. I'm a little disappointed I'll be all alone on a friday night but I can't expect her to stay home with me. She was worried about me but my knee had definitely healed from my few days of rest and I was definitely prepared for tomorrows match.

"I hope Liam thinks so, I swear half the time he doesn't compliment me and then the other half he's all over me, what's with that?" she asks, her eyes wide. I giggle at her confusion and Liam knocks on the door wearing a checked shirt and jeans with converse on his feet.

"Hello gorgeous," he winks and I swear I see Lily blush but she grabs her bag.

"We'll be home soon okay?"

"I'm 18 Lil, I'll be fine," I reassure her as her motherly figure takes over. She hugs me and then tugs Liam out the door, slamming it behind them. I sigh, settling into the sofa after putting 'The Lucky One' into the DVD player. Zayn went out tonight with his friends, after the text from Harry he hadn't really spoke to me so I completely ignored him and I guess he followed suit. After 5 minutes into the movie I felt really alone so I grabbed my phone out and texted Harry to come over. He said he'd be over in 10 minutes as were he's staying isn't far from our apartment. I walk towards the fridge and take out a beer and a bottle of water. I also pull some crisps from the cabinet and empty them into a plastic bowl. As the door knocks I feel butterflies start in my stomach.

"Hi," Harry smiles, standing with a box of chocolates in one hand. He was a really good friend of mine and I know I'd only met him 5 days ago but I was beginning to feel like I could be myself around him.

"Hello," I said, hugging him whilst inhaling his aftershave.

"Here, I didn't exactly know what to bring so I hope you like these," he said handing me ferrero rocher's.

"I love those!" I assure him, dragging him into the flat.

"This place is huge."

"I know, I don't know how Lily got it, but then again it's Lily," I say and he laughs, carrying the glasses and food over.

"How can you carry all those?" I say shocked, grabbing his hands after he sets everything down. He shrugs and I place my tiny hand on his. He intertwines our fingers and I sit beside him, my head on his shoulder.

"You like Nicholas Spark's movies?" he questions and I nod my head,"I should've guessed you were the romantic type." I pretend to act shocked but he laughs, popping a ferrero rocher in his mouth.

"Who said you could have one of those?!" I ask and he winks before unwrapping one and popping it in my mouth with his free hand. "Thank you," I huff and he smirks, his free arm snaking around my waist. I feel so comfortable around Harry, it's so easy to be comfortable around him. He stayed quiet throughout the rest of the movie so I felt myself casually falling asleep against him.

*

The door slammed and I jumped awake to Harry's hand in my hair. I turned around to see Zayn staggering in.

"Well well well," he slurs and I stand up, eyeing him cautiously.

"I think it'd be best if you go," I say to Harry and he nods, probably thankful I brought it up. I walked him to the door and thanked him.

"Anytime," he smiles before waving and walking off in just a tshirt. Wasn't he cold? I turned around to find Zayn rummaging through the fridge, probably looking for more drink.

"Fuck sake," he shouts as he punches his hand against the counter and I jump, walking towards him.

"Easy," I say and I can tell he's frustrated.

"Why was he here?" he says, his fists clenched together.

"I was all alone."

"You could've called me," he says quietly and I can see him pout again. Damn, why did he look so hot when he did that? He looks up and I blush, realising he caught me staring at him. he takes two steps towards me and he pushes my chin up, looking into my eyes. "You're beautiful, Ali."

"You're drunk," I remind him but he presses his soft lips against mine. I gasp but he uses this moment to slide his tongue into my mouth, the taste of alcohol overwhelming. I can feel him smile which makes me smile and I pull away, resting my head on his shoulder. He'll forget all this by tomorrow, I tell myself. His hand grazes mine and he grabs it, pulling me towards the sofa.

"You're tired, I woke you." he states and I realise that he saw more than what I thought he did.

"It's okay, I probably would wake up really early tomorrow if you hadn't of woke me," I laugh but he lies down, pulling me ontop of him.

"Sleep," he demands, rubbing circles on the bottom of my back. I make an appreciative noise and he kisses my forehead, pulling the quilt over us with his other hand.

"How was your night out?" I ask and he grunts, making me giggle.

"I can't remember most of it,"he laughs to and my breath stops at how perfect it is.

"We're home!" Lily shouts as her and Liam stumble in. I groan as I sit up from my comfortable position and Zayn squeezes my side, telling me to lie back down.

"Have a good night?" I ask and she nods, grabbing a beer for Liam out of the fridge.

"We're missing a beer?" she counts and I feel embarrassed yet again, I need to work on this.

"I gave one to Harry, I hope you don't mind," I laugh nervously and she runs over to me, her eyes bright.

"Harry was here?" she says excitedly but I just roll my eyes. zayn gets up from underneath me and I stare at him although he stares ahead of him.

"I'm going to bed," he groans and he walks off, closing his door behind him.

Zayn

I toss and turn in my bed as I think about tonight's events. To think she actually kissed me back instead of pulling away, it made my head spin. I check the time, 3am. I almost curse myself for staying up this late until I hear a scream. Her scream. Lily had told me about Ali having nightmares but every night, the pain in her voice killed me. I ran in to see her clutching her sheets and I so desperately wanted to hold her, to tell her everything would be okay. I wanted to be the one to let her know that I would protect her forever but I didn't have the guts. As I did previous nights I ran my hand through her hair and kissed her forehead which seemed to calm her down. I sigh with relief each time and pull the sheets over her, tucking her in. I know she shuffled around a lot in her sleep because when I peep in her room in the morning as I go for breakfast the quilt is basically on the floor. Even right now Ali is the most perfect girl I have ever seen.I wish she would tell me what her nightmares were about, I longed to know what disturbed her precious mind but I wasn't important enough to know and what scared me was, I probably would never be. Before I leave I check that she is okay one more time but before I step away something catches my eye. Her sleeve is pulled up and on her arm are various cuts.

"Ali," I breathe quietly as I wonder why she would do such a thing, what would possess her to destroy herself. I tiptoe out of the room and grab a packet of cigarettes in the hall. I make my way outside, and light up a cigarette which calms me. no matter what else I try to think of, Ali's cuts on her arm over power me.