Chapter 24

"wait," Harry said, breaking the kiss. I stare at him confusedly but the hurt in his eyes makes me feel guilty. "Alison I don't wanna be you're rebound, don't even try to deny it. I'm always here for you as a friend, always. But not like that," his eyes drop to the floor and I feel myself go bright red. "I know that if it came to it, you'd choose Zayn over me again and I don't think I could deal with that." I try to speak but no words come out. "Will I leave or do you still wanna do the history essay?" Although I really need his help I decide it's best if he leaves, I'm already embarrassed enough.

"Sorry," I manage as Harry gathers his book and gives me another awkward hug.

"You better not bail on me tomorrow," he chuckles and I smile at him as he gently closes the door. I hear him talk to Lily and ten minutes later the front door slams, signalling he has left. I sigh with relief and I begin my essay on the Holocaust hoping that the topic will take my mind off things but it makes me me feel worse as I start sobbing at the disturbing images that popped up with heaps of information. It was basically all the information I learnt in year 12 but in more depth and I change certain words around, hoping to not get caught for copyright. I had forgotten most of the stuff I learned in secondary school anyways so it was really no help. After finishing the essay, I smile with content and tiptoe out to the kitchen incase Lily is asleep which she is. I walk over and tuck her in, careful not to wake her and then decide to make food as my stomach begins to rumble.

I search the food to no avail and I realise the shopping is yet to be done. I cringe at the thought of leaving the warmth of the house but if I don't there will be no food and so I change into something more appropriate for the town, hoping Lily won't wake up until I'm back. I write her a short note just incase. I start up the car and wait for it to heat up before driving to the town. I could buy a few items of clothing while I was down, it wouldn't hurt. I slip into Zara and Urban Outfitters, coming out with nothing. I sigh as I move my way into Topshop, hoping something will fit my petiteness. The last time I was here was with Zayn...

"Can I help you?" a girl asks, her cheeky tone familiar. I glance up to Emma, the girl from football, in topshop uniform.

"Sorry," I mumble, pushing past her. I don't wanna cause any trouble so I grab a jumper quickly and run into the dressing room. I pull it over my head and study myself in the mirror. Zayn would like this. I take it off quickly and decide to buy it, whether Zayn would like it or not, the baby pink suits my hair colour.

"Love this jumper," the woman says as she scans the tags,"it's beautiful on."

"I know," I laugh slightly finding it completely awkward talking to complete stranger. I take the bag and thank her before leaving the shop quickly, hurrying so not to be noticed by Emma again. I walk towards a supermarket, scanning the ailses for edible food. I quickly grab a large cottage pie, pizza and lasagne ingredients. Paying for them I scoot to the car and hop in, letting it heat up once again. the shopping trip on my own was peaceful, there was no one to bug me. I come home to find Lily sat on the sofa.

"You'll never guess who just arrived," she says, a smile plastered on her face. I set the bags down and as I am about to ask why she'd be happy about Liam coming back arms wrap around my waist, lifting me up.

"Miss me?" the familar accent whispers and as I am set down steadily I turn around to find Niall followed by Louis and our two Mums.

"What are you all doing here?!" I practically scream, engulfing my Mum for a hug. Her eyes are glossy so I rub her back and stare in disbelief at how the only people who could seem to make our life better are right beside us.

"We heard you two were planning to come home but we guessed it would be easier to come to you two, after all, we wanted to see your standard of life over here," Mrs James comments, scanning the room,"now, where is this boy of yours?" I quickly ask the others to join me in the kitchen as I let Lily and her mum chat privately.

"I can't believe you guys are really here," I want to ask Louis why he is here but I think it would be rude so I leave it,"where are you staying?"

"Well, me and Lily's parents are staying with Lily's Dad's cousin who happens to live half an hour away but the two boys were planning to stay in a hotel down the road a bit. We're only here for a week," she adds and I smile, noticing the change in her appearance since I had left. She seems to look older but her smile never leaves her face.

"You just got up and left?" I ask, shocked as it's not something Mum did.

"Basically, I mean you girls must be homesick and we thought if we brought two of your friends it would help."

"How are you anyways?" Niall butts in, hugging me tightly. Well, I just broke up with my boyfriend and could've ruined one of my friendships but everythings perfect, you?

"Everythings better now," I say honestly, taking in the scent of Nialls aftershave.

"I'm glad, I've missed you a lot Allie," I take in his rosy cheeks and his highlighted blonde hair. Puberty had changed everyone for the better but Niall had probably got the most out of it. All the girls swooned over him and were jealous over the fact he hung around with me, one of the reasons why we grew apart.

"You too Ni," I smile at him, emptying the food from the plastic bags.