Chapter 10

Alison

"Shut that thing off!" Zayn groaned and I felt myself laugh as I tried to reach over to get my phone and stop the shrilling alarm that was blaring from it. "What time is it?" he asked, his eyes still shut as his hands fumbled with my hoodie. Well, his hoodie that I was wearing. His warm hands are placed against my stomach and his touch makes me feel almost dizzy.

"half seven," I joke and he opens his eyes widely.

"You better be kidding me right now," he half smiles and I get out of bed. His eyes rake over me but strangely I feel quite confident.

"Course, it's ten past 8," I laugh and go to leave the room but his hands wrap around my waist and he pulls me backwards.

"where do you think you're going?" his voice is deep and his lips brush over my neck, making me shiver. "There's a few things I didn't get to mention last night," he starts but Liam walks in and I laugh as a shocked expression appears on his face. "You've got to be kidding me," he whispers but I hold his hand which was rested on my back.

"Sorry for interrupting, I just wanted to make sure you were up but obviously you are," he smiles and I almost imagine Zayn rolling his eyes.

"You weren't, I need a shower," I say and I move away from Zayn whose eyes are fixed on me,I don't even have to look at him to know that.

"Zayn, you coming for breakfast?" Liam asks and Zayns head snaps up, nodding at him.

"Have fun," I smirk at him before walking hastily to the bathroom and locking the door behind me. I switch the shower on and fling his hoodie on the floor, stepping into the shower and letting the hot water run down my body. The others voices are muffled in the kitchen but I block everything out. A knock on the door snaps me out of my daydream and I switch off the shower, wrapping my hair and body in a towel. I open it to find Zayn, a smile appearing on his face.

"I have to brush my teeth," he comments as he walks in and smiles at me in the mirror. He rests his tongue behind his teeth and it takes my whole strength for me not to run over and kiss him.

"I'll see you in 20 minutes," I smile at him and rush to my room, pulling on a jumper and jeans before towel drying my hair. I put on foundation bronzer, eyeliner on my top lid, mascara and lipgloss before I leave my room for breakfast. Zayn is sitting on a chair and beside him is a bowl filled with cheerios and milk. "Thank you," I whisper and I smile as he rests his hand on my waist.

"Ali, look," he says, his caramel coloured eyes staring into mine," my last girlfriend cheated on me two years ago and I've gotten over her but the pain, not so much. I really like you and I sure as hell didn't want to admit it but finally I like someone else and I'm scared it's gonna happen all over again. I just want to take whatever this is, slow, okay? I mean if you don't want what this is I'm totally," he starts to ramble so I press my lips against his and he smiles. I pull away and run my hand down his chest.

"I would never do that to you Zayn, I'm sorry she hurt you but I promise you, I won't do what she did." He exhales a shaky breath that he must've been holding in since I started speaking and I restv my head on his shoulder, not really hungry for cheerios anymore.

"Can we keep this a secret for a while?" he asks and I nod, squeezing his hand and excusing myself to brush my teeth. Liam has the same idea as me and he attempts to smile but fails. I laugh at his cuteness and brush my own teeth before following him out to the car after grabbing my bag. Zayn and I sit beside each other this time and I catch a glimpse of Lily peeking in her side mirror. Her face is covered in a wide smile and I notice Zayn's is too.

"I take it you don't need walked to history like last week?" he smirks and I playfully hit him, causing him to chuckle.

"Joking babes, I'll see you at lunch," he smiles and stalks off, his black and white tshirt blowing in the gentle breeze. I walk quickly to history in shock that this time last week Zayn had to guide me and I wondered how I would ever get used to this place. I sit down in my normal history seat 5 minutes before class and everyone begins to enter.

"Morning," Miss Rollinson smiles towards us and I notice Harry hasn't came yet. What was keeping him? I got out my textbook and start highlighting my handwritten notes when I hear someone puff down beside me. I look up to see Harry wearing two checked shirts and black jeans, his cheeks flushed.

"You okay?" I whisper and he nods, panting. After he catches his breath he explains to me that it's Jane's week to take the car and I feel myself get more nervous at the mention of her name. The class flies by quickly and so does English although Lily and I eventually got separated because we talk to much so I'm sitting beside a by called Eunan and I'm actually getting my work done.

"Would you like to go outside campus for lunch?" Zayn whispers into my ear as I exit english. I turn around and almost peck his lips but I remember he asked me to take this slow and keep it a secret.

"I think friends stay at the canteen," I point out and the smile on his face continues to grow bigger as he rubs his hand against his stubble.

"Fiesty you are, what am I thinking dating a girl like you, hm," he half laughs into my ear and I laugh back.

"Fine, lets go for lunch, where too?"

"I know a restaurant.."

"Zayn it's lunch, a sandwich bar will do," I shrug and I see him twitch but I haven't actually understood what that means. His hand grazes mine and the urge to intertwine our fingers seems so much more surreal when you can't actually do it.

"I'm borrowing Liam's car for the meantime, while mines gets fixed I mean." I nod and climb into the passenger seat which feels odd in comparison to my normal seat in the back. As he pulls ouot of the lot and onto the road his relaxes and he grabs my hand, pressing a kiss on it. This is actually happening.

Sorry it's short guys!