Part 11

I'm in Katy's house this time. I'm standing next to the staircase and look at the three laughing girls in front of me. I remember this moment, though I don't know what's going to happen next. I notice how the three girls, the real me, Megan and Katy, are wearing the same clothes as when we, the dead me, Megan and Katy, woke up in the white hell. And when I see the four-coloured pen in Katy's pocket I realise, I realise that this must be it, this must be when it all ended. (Or began, depends on how you look at it...)

The girls walk towards the kitchen and I follow them closely. They're ranting about something that happened that day at school and I see how Katy grabs a bottle from the fridge and starts pouring three drinks. All while they keep chatting loudly and happily they pour some more drinks until Katy turns around and Megan follows her back out of the kitchen. I look at Evelyn and see how the smile drops from her face when she jumps from the counter. With one hand she grabs the edge of the table and with the other hand she reaches for her forehead. I notice that little drops of sweat form on her face as well as she tries to follow her friends back to the stairs. What's happening to Eve? What's happening to me? Was there something in the drinks?

I'm quite sure by now that these were our last minutes on earth. Definitely by the way how pale Evelyn looks right now.

I follow her as she slowly drags her feet towards her friends. When they notice Evelyn they seem worried, just as worried as I probably look right now. I'm not sure if I'm ready to see myself and my best friends die to be honest. When Evelyn suddenly collapses to the ground I try to catch her but of course that's just no use. She falls to the hard floor and I see the pain in her eyes. I want to help her but I can't cause I do not exist, I am not really here. The real me is dying right in front of my eyes but there is absolutely nothing I can do about it.

I don't want to stay, I don't want to be here! But how can I leave? I can't open the door and there's no other way out. So I just sit at the bottom of the stairs and wait, but nothing happens. The three girls are completely still now, and I know why. Suddenly I hear a key being turned around and I see how the front door slowly opens. It's Katy's mother. Her hands are full of groceries so she pushes the door open with her back and doesn't see the girls yet. when she finally turns around she freezes. The two bags slip from her hands and then she starts screaming. I take this as my clue to leave since she left the door open and run outside. I run and run and run and I do not stop running. I notice something move next to me and turn my head. Megan is here too! This is the first time ever we meet each other in one of the memories. It has probably something to do with the fact that I found the right memory. Katy must be here as well then, right? I look to my other side but see no one. Maybe she's in front of us, or behind. I look back at Megan and for a split second our eyes cross and then we start running even faster. That's until my feet suddenly stop. They suddenly just stop running and it takes me a second to realise it which causes my body to shift and fall forward. I drop face-down onto the ground but the moment my head hits the grey stones everything turns black.

When I open my eyes I'm back in the white hall of memories. I'm breathing heavily due the running.

This was it, this was what we had to find. This was our last memory. But what now? I stare in front of me until I notice that one of the numbers on the ground has turned red. I look at Megan and see that she has noticed it too. 'Eve, we found it! We found what we were searching for!' she exclaims, also breathing heavily. 'Yes I know! We did it!' I smile through my breaths. I get on my feet and reach out for Megan. She grabs my hand and I pull her onto her feet as well. 'Where's Katy though?' I ask. 'I have no idea, I thought she was right behind us.' Megan says with her eyebrows knotted into a frown. 'Well, she'll be here any second then.' I say and I walk over to the door at the very end of the hallway. The one door with "EXIT" written on it.

In the meanwhile I see that the tile with number eight on has turned red as well. I reach the door and put my hand on the doorknob. I look back over my shoulder and see that Katy still hasn't come back. I look back at my shaking hand on the doorknob and I slowly try to push the door open. 'It's unlocked!' I yell excited when I'm able to open it. I hear Megan say something and turn back around. The door falls shut again with a small crack while I try to figure out what Megan's doing. She tilts her head up and looks at me with a scared facial expression. 'What's wrong?' I ask. 'It's counting down.' She answers worriedly. 'What's counting down?' I ask confused. 'I think we have only 5 minutes left until- well- until, I don't know until what!'

'For god's sake where's Katy?' I ask frustrated. 'If she won't be here soon we'll have to leave without her.' Megan says. 'What? We can't just leave her here, after all what we've been through? I promised her that we would get out of here, together!' 'I know Eve, but if we don't leave we all die!' she exclaims sadly. Then she runs towards the door herself, I let go of the doorknob and put a step back. She slowly opens the door and for the first time it's completely open. 'What do you see?' I ask but she doesn't answer. 'Remember the note with the words "If the time is right, JUMP.",' Megan asks. 'I think now is the right time.'

I take a step forward and look outside myself. There's only more white, but this time a different kind of white. This is more like the lightest blue you've ever seen, so light that it looks like white.

I look back at the red tiles, two more minutes left.

'Eve we need to go!' I hear Megan say behind me. 'I can't leave her here Megan, I can't, I promised her!' I exclaim with tears running down my cheeks. 'We have no other choice.' Megan whispers as she takes my hand. 'But-' 'Eve, please, don't make it harder than it already is.' Megan says and I notice that tears are falling from her eyes as well.

I take one last look. Only one minute left. 'Come on Katy.' I whisper hoping that she will still come running towards me. But she doesn't. 'I'm so sorry.' I whisper and I turn around with soaked eyes. I look at Megan and she squeezes my hand.
'Together?' she whispers.
'Together.' I say and then,
then we jump.

_____________________________________________
Author's noteeee:

wowowowow I made myself cry while writing this omggggg
what will happen next huh? you wanne know? well, waait for the next chapter and you will find out!! (that promo tho)
anywayyyy, vote and comment if you want to and remember that i love you allllllll

much love,
me.