#BlackLIVESmatter ✊✊✊

No words can describe how utterly disgusted and horrified I am. Yet, I am not surprised.

Philando Castile was pulled over for a busted taillight on his car. When the police officer asked him to roll down his window, Castile reached for his I.D (in his back pocket) and was shot in the arm FOUR times. His girlfriend, Diamond Reynolds, and their four year old daughter were also in the car. Diamond filmed the entire thing (you can find the video on the Twitter of @tattedpoc @narriamalikson or @daggermetrose)

WAKE UP. Police brutality exists and it's getting worse by the minute. Philando Castile was the 558th black person killed by white police officers in 2016 ALONE.

He died in front of his four year old daughter...

A boyfriend, a father, a SON.

May his soul be blessed and may he rest in peace. To all of you living that area, I want you to stay safe and tell your loved ones how much they mean to you. Stick up for your rights and NEVER forget how far we have come, only to once again be belittled by white people (some not all)

Pray for his family. But most importantly, his daughter, who sat in the police car with her handcuffed mother, consistently reassuring her and promising that she would keep them safe.

#RipPhilandoCastile

I will be updating soon, but I just need you guys to be patient. We all need to be strong...together. Show them we will NOT back down. We are one.

Kayah xx